December 2013 Moms

Bf'ers- period question

I had what I though was my first period start on Tuesday. It started as Medium flow, I figured it would ramp up and be awful by yesterday but instead it slowed to a stop by last night. So is this considered my first period? Is it just random bleeding! Should I be concerned? With my other two kids I didn't get my period back until a few weeks after I fully weaned, and I'm still nursing Ben 3ish times per day, so maybe my body is just confused? I know I am!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bf'ers- period question

• I got my first period when LO was 5 months old. At the time we were still EBF. I am still nursing her now and I've had a period every month that is pretty light, lasting only 2-3 days.
  • I got a period at the end of June, so LO would have been a few days shy of 7 months old. It was heavy and lasted 2 weeks. I've had nothing since. I'm nursing/pumping 3 times a day and I'm also on the depo shot so I'm sure that's playing a role in it. I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe wait until next month to see what happens.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had spotting each month starting around when DS2 was 7-8 mo old. It only really came back last month on the exact day he was 10 mo old. :)  With DS1, it was back about that 7-8 mo mark too. I'd be due for a 2nd visit next week if it really is back for sure so I guess we'll see.  TMI ==> Last month there was no denying the med to heavy flow though.

My 2 December boys

• I've been pretty regular since LO turned 6 months.  I think it's a little bit heavier than pre-baby but mostly the same.  It may not come back with a vengeance for you.
  • anakah said:
    I've been pretty regular since LO turned 6 months.  I think it's a little bit heavier than pre-baby but mostly the same.  It may not come back with a vengeance for you.
    After my first son, mine was for sure lighter than it used to be & never got quite that heavy again since.  I remained super regular, too, thank goodness. It just changed from every Wednesday afternoon to every Tuesday afternoon. LOL  FREAKY predictable.

My 2 December boys

• I had my first one last month when LO was 10 mos and we were nursing 3x per day. It was heavy and lasted 5 days. Not sure what will happen this month but it seems like pretty variable when bf-ing.
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Had my first period when LO was 3.5 months. I was EBF'ing and still BF 4-5 times a day now.They are fairly regular and quite a bit heavier than before I got pregnant. 
  • I've had two maybe periods. They have been extremely light, like some spotting with some cramping, and that's it. It only lasts for a day. I have mirena and I know that is making a difference. She's also still nursing a ton.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"