Infertility
Options

Ovulated on day 19, dr insisted on day 21 p4 test

Hello, I am new here but need some advice!  I just did a second cycle of clomid and I had postive OPKs, temp shift and ewcm indicating ovulation on Day 19.  My doctor send me for the p4 test on Day 21, even though it was just two days after ovulation.  My levels came back at 8.0 which she said indicates no ovulation.  Everything I have read seems to indicate that these results wouldn't be valid.  Any thoughts?

Re: Ovulated on day 19, dr insisted on day 21 p4 test

• Options
    Find an RE and ditch the OB. Seriously. Your doctor should know more than you!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    I feel same way!  Plus, this isn't our first rodeo.   We TTC #2  for 10 years with Clomid, IUI, etc and nothing.  Then we got pregnant on our own in July (big surprise) but I miscarried in August at 7 weeks.  For some reason, she does not want me to see an RE again and I can't figure out why!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmeshelle said:
    I feel same way!  Plus, this isn't our first rodeo.   We TTC #2  for 10 years with Clomid, IUI, etc and nothing.  Then we got pregnant on our own in July (big surprise) but I miscarried in August at 7 weeks.  For some reason, she does not want me to see an RE again and I can't figure out why!

Because she wouldn't make any money from you. It's a business (so are REs, but at least they know what they're doing!) so she's not going to send you to somebody else. If you've been TTC for a year (or 6 months if you're AMA), then there's no reason for her not to refer you. Check your insurance to see if you need a referral, and if you do, go to your GP to get one.
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    cmeshelle said:
    Hello, I am new here but need some advice!  I just did a second cycle of clomid and I had postive OPKs, temp shift and ewcm indicating ovulation on Day 19.  My doctor send me for the p4 test on Day 21, even though it was just two days after ovulation.  My levels came back at 8.0 which she said indicates no ovulation.  Everything I have read seems to indicate that these results wouldn't be valid.  Any thoughts?

You should not be relying on OPKs to determine ovulation while taking clomid, you should be monitored by ultrasound.  Your doctor does not know what she is doing and is putting your fertility at risk.  What if you have a cyst?  What if the clomid is thinning your lining (which if taken long enough can permenantly damage your lining)?  What if you are over responding to clomid putting you at risk for OHSS and higher order multiples?

Find a RE.  Check you insurance, you may not need a referral (all plans are different, I didn't need a referral).  If you do need a referral and she won't give you one, find a doctor who will give you the referral.  You shouldn't put your health at risk because your doctor wants to treat conditions out of her expertise.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"