3rd Trimester

a little leakage :/

Hello ladies :) im currently 34+4 with my first :) over the last couple of days iv noticed im leaking a little bit of clear liquid from downstairs.. no pains or cramps. Is this normal?

Re: a little leakage :/

• I would call your dr so they can check if your water is leaking
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    It could also be tinkle. At about that point if I sneezed or something of the like I would dribble a little pee.
    Even if your bag of waters was leaking it usually not a hushed deal because the fluids continue to replenish. I would absolutely tell your OB but don't work yourself up over it. Good luck ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like it could be the cervix thinning to me (simply based on what I've read)

"Bloody show: loss of mucus plug
    during pregnancy, a thick plug of mucus protects your cervical opening from bacteria entering the uterus. When your cervix begins to thin and relax, this plug is expelled. Some women think the plug will look solid like a cork, but it is actually stringy mucus or thick discharge. It can be clear, pink or blood tinged and can appear minutes, hours or even days before labor begins. Not all women notice this sign."

https://m.ehealthforum.com/health/topic69704.html
  • I've read that one way to check whether it's normal increased discharge, urine, or amniotic fluid is to lay on your back. Amniotic fluid will sort of pool in your vagina and then leak when you stand up. (Pee and discharge won't do that.) Regardless, I'd call your doc or midwife.
  • Thankyou everyone for your help :)
  • Same problem I was having two days ago I kept leaking transparent fluid and I believe its amniotic fluid Because every couple seconds I would sit back down and wet myself and I would rush to the bathroom and fluid would come out and then I would sit down again and I would rush to the bathroom again. I when to the hospital to get checked and they told me it was just discharge but I think I know the differents between discharge and fluid leaking........
  • I'm 32 weeks and noticed a lil leakage and now I'm in the hospital on bed rest cuz it was my water broke and they are trying to stop the labor TIL I'm 34-35 weeks so go get checked. U don't want any indections
  • It hasnt happened again since.. surely id have other indications if my water had broken or been leaking?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"