April 2014 Moms

Sleep sack and standing

For a couple months now my LO has been sleeping all naps and at night in a sleep sack. It works greats and I think she sees it as part of her preparing for sleep routine. But now she is pulling up to stand. The last 2 days she pops upright within moments of waking up. Do you think the sleep sack is now unsafe? DH thinks she is going to trip on it. But I'm not sure which risk is higher; tripping on the sack or using a real blanket. Has anyone used the sacks with the foot holes? How do you keep their feet warm?

Re: Sleep sack and standing

• Your LO is fine. Ds slept I one till 18 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD1 wore it while standing in her crib...
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • DS1 wore his sleep sack until he potty trained (at 2.5) and it was no big deal. He would occasionally stumble in it but I don't think he ever actually fell. He just learned how to shuffle along in it. Now I did make my own so they had a little more room in the leg area than most, but I doubt that it would have been much different in a regular sleep sack. And I loved it because as Poru said it kept DS from climbing out of his crib for a long time.
    image    image

• DS wore it while standing in the crib. He used his baby deedee sleep sack almost abt 34 months. She will be safe. In fact sleep sack discourage crib climbing. Never found DS trying to climb out of his crib. DD is sleeping in it now. Worth a try!!
  • My DD wore hers to 18 months as well with no issues. LO wears his now and has been standing in it for months. I never thought about the correlation with keeping them in the crib, but DD was in a crib until past two years and only tried to climb out when she was using a blanket, so there might be something to that.

I also find that at this age my kids have moved around soooo much in their beds, that a blanket will not stay on and quite possibly is still a risk.
  • We've used sleep sacks forever and she stands and cruises around the crib in hers. I've never seen her trip or anything that makes me nervous about using them.
  • LO1 would even wear them out of the crib for a bit in the mornings walking around the nursery. Cute as a button in that thing!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • DS uses the one with the feet holes. He just wear socks with it to keep his feet warm and sleeps comfortably. Half the time his feet slip inside the sack still anyways.