Trouble TTC

Reaction to Pregnyl HCG trigger injection

Hi everyone. I did my HCG injection last night around 9:30. I had the kind where you have to mix the vile of liquid with the powder. When I stuck the needle in it didn't hurt but when I pushed the liquid in it burned a tad. Last night it just looked like a little mosquito bite. No issues.

Well this morning it looked like I stuck myself 4 times (there were 4 little dots). It also is sooo sore to like sit or bend my stomach area. Standing is ok..just feels sore but not like when I sit. I took a pic of it next to a dime at 8:30am and now again at 11am and it's like the size of a quarter but all red (I'll attach a picture).

My question is...have any of you who have had this type of injection had a reaction like mine? I don't have a fever, no rash anywhere else on my body. Just painful when I sit or when I try to get on the floor (I'm an Early Invention SLP...so constantly getting on the floor with my clients kills me).

I'm calling my RE on my lunch break just to let her know. It's my first cycle using the injection so I just am not sure what is normal. Thanks ladies!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
February 2014:
Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
 5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

Best Answers

• SewfieSewfie member
    Answer ✓
    I don't remember if I had any redness the day after my novarel shot, but it definitely burned when MH injected it, and the injection site still hurt through the next day. But I agree with PP, it can't hurt to call and ask.

****Loss in Sig****
    3T Sig Challenge: New Year's Resolutions

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Marie Curie

Married 2010, together since 2006. TTC for #1 since March 2012, actively charting since November 2013
    March 2014 - HSG left tube blocked, right tube partially blocked bilaterial partial obstruction; onward to the RE in April
    May 1, 2014 - Lap surgery and chromopertubation; Dr removed a bit of endo, but everything looks healthy & tubes are clear!
    May 2014- First medicated cycle, 2.5mg femara+TI; BFN
    June 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI
    on 6/18= BFP on 6/28!; C/P on 7/3
    July 2014- 2.5mg femara + IUI #2 on 7/18. Starting progesterone 7/23, bfn
    August 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI # 3 on 8/15. BFN
    Tx break
    IVF #1 -
    12/1 - TOT & SIS- RE found a polyp
    12/15 - Hysterscopic surgery to remove the polyp; additional polyps found and removed

12/29- Good baseline u/s, 12 antral follies
    12/30- Started stimming
    1/10 - ER: 17 retrieved, 14 fertilized!
      My Ovulation Chart - No data,  just meds
  • Loading the player...
  • Answer ✓
    This happened to me with my first cycle.  This past cycle I did 2 things different - to make it less painful going in, I numbed up the area with ice and injected very slowly.  I barely felt anything.  Second, I changed locations.  I did it in the exact same spot as you on my first cycle and could barely bend over for a couple of days  This time I did it a lot higher up (think natural-waist area) and on the side so there was no irritation with bending and such.  

I still had a little local irritation but it was nowhere near as bad.  As long as you don't seem to be having a systemic reaction (hives/generalized itching/wheezing/etc) I would give it another chance.  I hear you with all the bending at work - it's torture!  Luckily, you should feel all better in a day or two.  

Answers

• Thanks SO much everyone! I'm taking all of your advice. I called the RE. They basically said as long as I didn't have a fever, have hives, a rash anywhere else on my body and super itchy it should be ok. Probably just a small allergic reaction or sensitivity. They told me to take a Benadryl and put some cortisone cream on it. I did both when I got home from work. But I think the cortisone cream irritated it so I wiped it off. I'm gonna do some replying to other people's discussions then go to bed (yes at 8:30pm). Frankly, I'm exhausted and I'm sick of bending over and moving around the house and having lots of pain. Ay yi yi...the things we do with IF.

PS - DH feels terrible for me. He made dinner, fed the dogs, cleaned up the house and got everything ready for me to come to bed. Wahoo! That's a positive :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"