Minnesota Babies

Daycare provider near Maplewood, MN

I'm about 17 weeks pregnant (due April 29) and we're just starting our search for a part-time daycare provider starting the end of July 2015 for our infant. I'm looking for recommendation in the Maplewood/North St. Paul/East St. Paul area. We're open to all options (home or center) but would like to keep the cost under $250/wk. Thanks in advance for any leads!

Re: Daycare provider near Maplewood, MN

• We use Miniapple Montessori in Roseville, they have an Oakdale location also. They are closer to $350/week which is what you will find is pretty average for a center (from what I found at least). We wanted the flexibility of a center so were willing to pay a bit more.

My little girl was born on April 29 2014- good day :-) 

• We use the KInderCare off of White Bear in Maplewood - around 220 for 3 days a week.  We are very pleased with them! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also in the search and have heard that Maple Tree (located by Hill Murray) and Baby Zone  (White Bear Ave and Cty Rd C) are good places. They are on my list of places to check out.
  • We also used the KinderCare off of White Bear Ave. for some time - it was a pretty good place, but if you look up the history apparently in 2012 or 2013 they were investigated for in incident of a teacher slapping a child. I doubt that person is still working there but it would be worth asking about it if you plan to tour the place.

• I have just started poking around at other boards since my bmb is starting to die...so hello!! We use a stay at home mom friend of ours for babysitting--but, while I was looking for childcare, I checked into the Baby Center off White Bear just south of 36. Its across from the CVS. They have phenomenal pricing for a daycare center, but they usually have a long wait list, so if you are interested in them, check them out now! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My son goes to an in-home daycare in North St Paul called Precious Peeps. It is run just like a center but in the provider's home. Patty the daycare provider and her husband are great! When my son was an infant the cost was $200 per week for full time. 1 year to 2 years $175, 2 years to 5 years old $150.