3rd Trimester

Severe Braxton Hicks

Hi, 
I am on my second pregnancy and am currently at 32 weeks. The last few days I've been experiencing such severe Braxton Hicks that it is making me incredibly nauseous. I never experienced that with my first child, and didn't even have any nausea from the pain during labor. I'm making sure I'm keeping up on water too as I hear that can help with the contractions or changing positions, but still don't have any luck. Have any of you experienced this? I feel like a total wuss right now as it's not something you hear many people super complain about....I am considering calling my OB but wanted to see if other people have dealt with this as well. Thanks in advance and have a good night!

BabyName Ticker

Re: Severe Braxton Hicks

• It could be Braxton hicks but my rule of thumb is to call your OB when you are in severe or unusual pain. Good luck!
  • Hi - I was/am having very painful Braxton Hicks. I had them with my first pregnancy, but they weren't painful like this. These feel almost like contractions.  I told my OB at my last appointment so she ran some test (to test for any infections) and did an exam.  She found that I was already dilated and put me on modified bed rest. :-(  Did you talk to your OB about this?
  • Loading the player...
  • Wednesday night, I had a bunch of BH in a row. They didn't go away with rest and water and continued to happen. So I called Ob. She had me monitor them and to call back if they continued. Luckily they started to taper off. I'm also 32w, and I have a history of preterm labor so they are all about monitoring me. My dr says if something feels different then call. Even if it is just for reassurance.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"