Stay at Home Moms
Options

Can we discuss Christmas gifts?

what are you getting your mom? MIL? I am at a complete loss. 
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: Can we discuss Christmas gifts?

• Options
    I am getting my mom a photo calendar of the kids, the bath oil she loves and renewing her fave magazine subscription

H handles his family and he doesn't exchange gifts with his mom
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    hlm184hlm184 member
    edited November 2014
    mom is getting some nice photos of DS and something else.  Not sure yet, but I'm thinking outdoorsy.

DH isn't about to get MIL anything but I'm getting them a framed picture of DS.  Keep the peace somewhat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom just upgrade her iPhone so her phone case/wristlet no longer works.

I found THIS ONE on sale at Michael Kors on sale and it fits up to the new iPhone6 and comes in many colors. :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    I'm getting my mom a massage gift certificate. She's never had one and she works so hard. I'm still deciding on my MIL.
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My mom flannel sheets, GC, and new phone. MIL lives in another country we will probably transfer money. She can get what she needs, and avoid customs;)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    My mom just bought a house so she is getting gift cards for Lowes, etc.  
    MIL moved from PA to FL so she is getting stuff that can be shipped-a photo calendar of the kids, one or two other small things.  DH would just get her gift cards but she likes getting 'stuff'.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    A photo calendar, photos of DD, steak knives. We are also getting everyone in my family the reserved seating for Fantasmic at Disneyland with the dessert package. We are going on a family trip in February so that will be fun.
  • Options
    My mom is getting traveling stuff (see the other post) and my MIL will be taken care of by my DH this year.  However, in year's past, I have gotten her a cashmere scarf, our NFL team's sweatshirt, a pair of earrings, L'Occitane hand cream, a gift certificate for the spa...
  • Options
    My mom usually tries to make some kind of list, although it's not great. MIL doesn't. I don't know yet re: this year. I often get them sweaters/tops from a store they like, often with coordinating jewelry. I have also gotten things like photo calendars, ornaments from the kids, slippers, gloves/scarves, "fun" type kitchen things, nightgowns/robes (my mom only). Last year, I got them each a really nice Brighton bracelet (went in on it with siblings) with a bead for each grandchild and they both loved it. DH's parents go to FL in the winter so we have often gotten them a gift card to a restaurant down there. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

MIL is getting a wreath for her front door (which means I'm also doing the lighting, timer, and cord to go with it because she won't have kept ANY of it from last year) and a cat calendar.  Not sure if I'll make a house coat for her again or if I can find some pajamas that'd work too...  She can be a challenge to shop for and rather passive-aggressive when it comes to gifts sometimes and those are "safe" options...  No matter how many times I've suggested that the IL's make a "wish list" no one ever does.  We do them for my side and we do these more so for the in-laws than we do for my side LOL (SIL asks DH what the kids want/need and he can just hand it to her).. 

My Ma - I'd love to go with SIL and get her a nice Christmas tree (I'm originally from an area known for Christmas trees - My Dad is also known for going out and getting the tree that no one else would ever want and bringing it home)... But really, I know the one thing my Mom wants more than anything is a clean house and to just enjoy the holidays but most of all, nothing that fits the "stuff" category.  Not sure if I'll get her flowers, or just do - honestly, I haven't a clue yet...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think this year I am getting my mom nice pajamas/robe/slippers.  And I might even do the same for my Dad- unless my mom has some good ideas for him.

My MIL and FIL have passed- but when MIL was alive I usually picked out something easy to ship- or sent directly- that was either purple (her favorite color) so it was flowers, sweaters, cashmere scarves etc. And she liked angels- so if I saw something that looked like her that would be her gift.
  • Options
    MIL will get a gift card to a lumber yard. She's an artist and paints woodwork. We draw names on our side. DH got my mom. I'll buy her a sweater or something. Then I do make both sides photo calendars every year. I have to get cracking on those....

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I normally do not do my husband's family's gifts.  After 3 years, while were were stationed in Germany, of getting gift certificates that were at least 1/3 the amount of the gifts for DH and the kids, to stores that do not sell their products online, I had enough.  Gifts are not a tit-for-tat, but they are a representation of how you feel for someone.  My inlaws do not like me and I do not care for them.  

But since my gifts for my parents have always been a huge box of munchies & wine gift box (there are some great online companies out there) my husband will decide on his family's boxes and add them to my order once I am done doing mine.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    HOWEVER, this year I am forgoing the snacks and making them stuff.  I have some internal SAHM justification going on, topped with DD needing after school activities.  

So Dad is getting a sweatshirt with one of DD's handmade pictures she did of her and her PopPop and Mom is getting the "You are my Sunshine" handprint craft.  

And DH pretty much begged me to do something for his mother and her BF.  So BF is getting the same thing as my father and MIL is getting a NY Yankees hand/foot print craft.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    My mil I got an underarmor hoodie then stuff the kids make & maybe some pics.
    I gave no idea what I'm getting my mom. She hasn't given me any good ideas. She will also get stuff from the kids.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"