TTC after 35

New here!

Hello,

My name is Lori. I will be 36 on 12/6 and my DH is 36. Married 13 years. This is our second cycle on TTC #1. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 18/19 and have been on BCP since. I went off of them at the end of Sept. I am new to all of this and nervous. Any help from everyone is appreciated. :)

Re: New here!

• Welcome Lori!  I'd suggest learning about how to track your cycle with the book Taking Care Of Your Fertility and also charting with fertility friend.  They are both very informative and will help you take note of your fertility signs and when to accurately test with an hpt.  Best wishes!
  • Welcome! I second @kelley72‌ 's suggestions☺️
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  Right now I am using OPKs. I was supposed to have AF this weekend but kept using OPKs  because I never got a positive and got a positive on the 14th and 15th, so I am hoping I O'd. If I did, this might be the first time I have since going off BC.

BTW, I LOVE your gif. Is that yours? We have two fur babies, and they do stuff like that. We love 'em.

• hi there and good luck! You've already gotten great advice from others so I won't belabor the point :)
  • Welcome and good luck!
  • Great advice already given, just wanted to welcome you and say good luck!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Welcome.
    You have only been off BCP for a few months so your cycles could still be a little off. Mine took 6 months to regulate.
    You should start temping while you use the opk's to make sure you ovulate. Opk's only pick up your LH surge. It does not mean you ovulate. You need a temp spike to verify.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Welcome!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Welcome! And GL!
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Welcome!  Best of luck to you.  I have PCOS as well.  It can take a bit for your cycle to regulate off BCPs and even once it does, it can be irregular.  I had a random 56 day cycle 6 months after coming off BCPs.  That's why charting, OPKs, and temping is so helpful to pinpoint when you ovulate.  I'd recommend Fertility Friend as well.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome and good luck.  Hopefully temping/charting will make your stay here short and sweet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Agree with the other ladies, get Fertility Friend. I love watching the chart form with my daily temps, even though I only have 3 days logged so far :)
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Welcome and good luck.

• Start temping and use the app fertility friend. Also use the sperm friendly lubricant Pre-seed. Other than that if your not currently doing so start taking a prenatal vitamin, good luck
  • Welcome Lori!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck! Hopefully your stay here is short :)
  • Good luck to you & welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"