LGBT Parenting
Options

Anyone have any TTC rituals or tips?

Re: Anyone have any TTC rituals or tips?

• Options
    I did acupressure on the acupuncture points for improved conception.  

Also, I did the pineapple core eating.  

I'm not saying either works, but I like entertaining superstition and I became pregnant on my first IUI.  I am, to be fair, freakishly fertile.  

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    I did acupuncture for my last 2 cycles. Not sure if it was the acupuncture of the injectibles they added, but it worked (well the 2nd one!) :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started acupuncture in March once a week and we conceived on our third IUI in August. Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (Chinese herbs in hot water) helped me with keeping a consistent monthly cycle, increased blood flow to the abdomen/lady parts region, and also with egg quality. I'm still going every couple weeks until the baby comes in June. Good luck and find a good one who has a fertility background in acupuncture!
  • Options
    Acupuncture, yoga (hip opening poses and restorative poses), visualization, pineapple core eating, no exercise, eating warm foods (per acupuncturist)

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    Here are mine!

At about 5 dpo, daily:

- 1/4 of Pineapple Core only (the fruit has a substance that can cause miscarriage so do not eat that part!)
    - 1 c. of POM juice (split through the day)
    - Pregnancy tea (3 cups throughout the day)
    - Baby aspirin (start this before TTC + continue through pregnancy)

Acupunture too!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Pineapple core cut into 5 pieces. Ate a piece a day starting 5 days before ET.

Drank fresh pomagranet juice daily. Started this the day of the ER. About a cup.

One baby aspirin a day. Started this before TTC with prenatals.

The few days after ET I cooked a couple meals that called for cayenne pepper to help with blood flow.

Used a heating pad on my back the night before transfer for 20 min on low.

Low stress before and after and tried to get to bed at a desent hour the week before and after.

Never did acupuncture but I hear great things.

THINK THATS IT.
    Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• Options
    mommamommy&memommamommy&me member
    edited November 2014
    I really enjoyed reading all of your answers! I've will definitely be stealing a few ideas, like the pineapple core and pom juice. Starting acupuncture in December. Tempted to buy a stuffed toy, but my honey keeps saying not until we get good news. My next appointment is Friday so I'll be keeping good thoughts!
  • Options
    In addition to temping and ovulation tests and watching for CM, we also did accupuncture.

This last time, we also added essential oils.  We used Yling Ylang from Young Living, rubbing it on her abdomen every evening from Day 1 until a positive ovulation test. After 7 months of no success, we added this and...it worked! We then gave it to our friend who had been trying for 6 months of no success...and she got pregnant that cycle, too!

So, who knows. It's  anecdotal, obviously. But, it gave us great joy.  Since we lost that baby at 10 weeks, we are using it again now to try again.

Just one more tool to consider since you are looking for more. Good luck!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Here's what we did: I took evening primrose oil and green tea to help with healthy cervical mucus. I lessened my caffeine intake. I went from having a glass of wine almost every night to once a week or so. CoQ10 for follicle health, prenatal vitamins, and a seriously healthy diet. Tons of fresh fruits and veggies, smoothies with flax seeds, yogurt, fruit, nuts, turmeric, ginger. Pineapple core after insem, and just because we were busy no sex until BFP. We got pregnant on our 2nd IUI, and thought we had missed the boat this go-round - fedex was late with our vial and had to reschedule our appointment for the day after we would have gone in! It worked.. :)
  • Options
    We tried many many things listed above, but we also read some research that showed laughing can help. We got pregnant both time we followed our IUI with a dose of stand-up comedy on netflix. We also followed the @2MamazInSeattle‌ regimen and I watched YouTube videos of fertilization.... Who knows what works.... And this could all be mere coincidence! Good luck!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    I had a massage the night before my IUI that resulted in a BFP.  Not sure if it did anything to help me get pregnant but it sure was relaxing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"