Health & Exercise
Options

Lower Belly

I'm having an extremely hard time toning up my lower abdominal muscles. I know this is usually a tough spot to tone, especially postpartum, but wanted to see if there is anything else that I should be trying. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lower Belly

• Options
    After I had my first I ended up doing a lot abdominal exercises that are often used in training for aerial dance. My favorite is lying on my back and using my lower muscles to pull my legs straight up in the air and then slowly allow them to descend back down, keeping my legs straight, and allowing my abdominal muscles to control the speed at which my legs return to the ground. I usually only do about 5-10 of those since it can be pretty rough at first, but it always feels great afterwards. You just want to make sure that you're protecting your lower back when you do it either with a rolled up towel or pillow. Belly dance is also another fantastic way to regain muscle tone and control since it not only targets the stomach area but also the thighs and butt so you get a more multi-targeted exercise. 
    Whatever way you choose, I hope it's fun! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"