TTC after 35
Options

Advise, I'm new here

Hello, this is my first time posting, I'm 36 and ttc #1

My story this month:  I have been using OPK (Clear Blue with smiley) This month I got a positive OPK on CD14, we BD on CD 13,15 and 17. On CD17 I had some spotting CM pink and brown just for 1 day. I'm on CD33 and took a HPT this morning (again) BFN.  My app says my average cycle length is 34 days. Last month I got my OPK smiley on CD18. Is it possible to still get a BFP?  I don't really have any AF symptoms, but don't really have pregnancy either, except for my mind wanting to be pregnant :)

I'm 36, I had a very early mc in 2011 when we weren't ttc at not even 5 weeks.  Sometimes I feel like we waited to long to start a family. Any advise I hate seeing those BFN, but I have no control not to POAS!

Re: Advise, I'm new here

• Options
    Dont give up hope! Until AF shows up anything is possible. Id start temping/charting if I were you so you had a better idea of when your most fertile days were. May help with peace of mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for responding, Seems like this site is a great support for TTC. If AF shows this month, I will try the temping/charting, as soon as I figure out how too!
  • Options
    Welcome! Like what PPs have said-- the app Fertility Friend is the best for tracking your temps and other fertility signs. If you're using another app, it's just giving you a guess based on an "averaged" 14 day luteal phase, so most likely it won't be accurate for you.
  • Options
    Welcome!  You've been given wonderful information re charting, using fertility friend so you know precisely when you ovulate and when to test and get accurate results.  Best wishes!
  • Options
    I just started temping last week and it's easy!  Well, outside of the 6am alarm clock on Saturday and Sunday lol I'm also using FF but still have lots to learn.

Good luck and welcome! 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Hi there and welcome. Temping/charting may seem like a daunting task, but I assure you it's not that bad. I started temping and keeping track of all the things a few months ago and it's become second nature at this point.
  • Options
    Welcome! Agree with PPs about charting and temping, so much information you can learn!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    Welcome.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Welcome. Temping is the only way to know you've ovulated. Most people's luteal phases are the same month to month. Except here I am on 13 days post O and BFN with a CB digital this am. I also have zero symptoms. This is a long luteal phase for me. Usually it's been 10-12. My temp was still high at 98.1 this am so it's unlikely I'll get AF today because when it drops down to 97.5 or so that's when I know AF is coming. Hope this helps.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"