Blended Families
Options

visited family this weekend...

DS and I went to visit family this weekend. DH and SD stayed home. It was good to get away. DS was on his best behavior, and I actually did get to relax. I feel really rejuvenated.

Main thing I wanted to update is that I saw my mom for the first time since last December. She is pregnant with twin boys if anyone remembers. Due in January, so she's shooting to make it to the end of December at least. She is still working (ICU nurse), so everything is going well for her. I had the best visit I've ever had with her. And I'm sure some of you remember that we had a fairly volatile relationship once.

My step dad was friendly and talkative. My little sister (3), was wild and crazy, one of the liveliest and most charasmatic kids I've ever met. She and DS got along great once he warmed up to her.

My brother (almost 17, full sibling) went with my grandmother, DS, and me to visit our dad Sunday. It was a good visit, too. DS actually did very well, and didn't get bored.

All in all, I can breathe easy for the first time in months. It's amazing how good it feels to get away sometimes.

Re: visited family this weekend...

• Options
    Glad to hear it went so well all around and that you got to spend some quality time with your family. Especially that you and your mom had a chance to re-connect. Happy for you!
  • Options
    Glad you had a good visit!
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm really glad you had a good visit with everyone!  Great start to the holiday season.
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"