Secondary IF
Options

flamingemu

hey lady, i was re-reading your update in KUFMO and was thinking your situation sounds a lot like Asherman's in the fact that your ute is still fused/scarred. I have a close friend who had Asherman's and was told "sorry you'll never have kids again, ever" and she wasn't ever getting her period too and she refused to believe that, found an amazing doc who specializes in Asherman's cases (he is on the east coast, where are you located?) and he did outpatient surgery on her and totally cleaned everything up. She gets AF now, and has the green light to TTC again. The moral of this story is perhaps you need to consult with a doctor who has more experience with your situation, in order to get the best results?? I'm really sad for you, that you've been told this is the end of the road essentially, and I think there's still a fight left in you.

Big ass motherfucking hugs.
Me: 36, DH: 36
DH's SA = normal
1 tube only wonder
AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

Re: flamingemu

• Options
    Thanks! I am in Northern Virginia (I work in DC) so anyone in the city. My RE is good. I like and trust him. He told me it would likely take 1 - 2 more surgeries to clean me out and gave me the name of 3 surgeons in the area that can do it. I have yet to look them up, I just wasn't able to process it last week.

Ultimately, if I am cleaned up, it is still up to my body & hormones to decide if I start menstruating again or not. Once that happens my uterus lining can repair and I should be able to carry children. The problem is, there is no real control over whether or not I get my period. This is the 4th time I have done the estrogen/progesterone supplement to get things moving. It should have worked the 1st time, hence my negative outlook.

I have been told I have options, but carrying children is dependent upon my body actually growing a lining again. I am okay with IVF if I am actually able to carry, I just don't want to go through all of that if my ute just rejects the egg - kwim? I am still fighting for now. I am only 32, so I have a bit of time still, I was just really caught off guard with all of that information at once I guess. 

Thanks for the support and the good news. It is always good to hear. I will get more info in a month depending on what these hormones do...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I'm glad you are comfortable with your plan. I hope my suggestion wasn't sound bossy, I just have seen it happen where a doctor says XY and Z and too bad so sad and they end up being wrong. I would hate for you to end up in that boat.
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jodee37 said:
    I'm glad you are comfortable with your plan. I hope my suggestion wasn't sound bossy, I just have seen it happen where a doctor says XY and Z and too bad so sad and they end up being wrong. I would hate for you to end up in that boat.
    Not bossy at all. I appreciate the input. If I didn't I wouldn't have posted at all.

Thanks!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"