Late Term and Child Loss

Holiday help

DH and I went to a seminar yesterday put on by grief share on surviving the holidays. There were some good tips and ideas given. One was to make a list of everything you usually do for the holiday season and them decide if those are things that you want to keep doing, do you like doing them?, how important is each one. Using that list you can make a plan. 

There was the idea of new traditions being talked about. One idea that I think we are going to use is to decorate a tree especially for your loved one. DH suggested that we decorate Nathaniel's magnolia tree that is in the backyard. I liked that idea. We might see if family members want to pick out ornaments to put on it or come and help us decorate it.

One thing I thought was important that was said was that it is going to be hard and you won't get it exactly right the first time.

If you want more information go to https://www.griefshare.org/holidays. There are a bunch of articles. I haven't read any of them yet, but saw there is one about helping grieving children through the holidays. I know a lot of us have living children as well as those we have lost.
Abigail Grace 9/7/10
Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
Felicity Hope 4/6/15

Re: Holiday help

• **ticker warning**

this is great!  Thank you for sharing.  
  • Thank you for sharing! We planted a tree for Colton this summer, and I love the idea of decorating it special.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"