December 2014 Moms
Options

Getting the ole' tubes tied

I keep having trouble deciding on wether to tie my tubes or not. The doctor let me know it is not reversible so idk. What if I want another baby? Is two going to be enough? What if my husband and I ever split up and I find a new husband and he wants kids? I'm only 23 I will be 24 in May is this going to cause early menopause

Re: Getting the ole' tubes tied

• Options
    I am in the same boat as you - 24 and this will be our second baby. First DD we got pregnant on the pill, this time we went off the pill and weren't trying but if it happened we were okay with it and we were pregnant within 2 months. We definitely don't want another surprise baby at this point, but I don't think i'm ready to give up the option permanently - especially because my husband and I are still so young. We always wanted just 2 kids, but who knows how we will feel later on? My OB said I have until c-section day to change my mind, but I think the plan will be the implant or the IUD, even though my OB prefers me on the pill. Im just not 100% comfortable taking that option away given my age, so for me I can't go through with it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are so many other options besides getting your tubes tied, pill IUD implanon. Between my boyfriend and I we will have 5 after this one makes her appearance and I can't imagine getting tied up yet I'm 24 and doubt we will have more since we will fill a minivan up in December but I can't imagine not being able to have the option still there.
  • Options
    MUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!!!

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm surprised doctors would let you that young. My mom wanted to get her tubes tied, but all the doctors she spoke to said she was too young (25). A little off topic but, at 26 a doctor finally agreed. She went in for the surgery and they said "Oh, looks like you're pregnant!" And now here I am :) 
  • Options
    Maybe do an IUD until you are more comfortable with making a decision.

Test
  • Options
    I also see this is your first post on the board...Welcome & congrats.

Test
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I think I will wait it definitely isn't something I'm 100% on and I think getting a long version of bc would be better like something like the mirena or something.
  • Options
    You need to be 100% sure. We're expecting kids #2 and 3 when we only ever planned on 2, we don't have room in this house for more than 2 (I guess 3 now), I'm in my 30s and DH is done done, but I'm still not getting my tubes tied because I'm not ready to make such a permanent decision. You are still very young.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If there is a doubt, there is no doubt. Don't do it yet. You're too young. Use some other form of BC until you are sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, you are very, very young to make this decision.  Unless there is a medical reason why you shouldn't have more kids, you want to think really hard about making a permanent decision like this.  I'm getting mine done during this c-section, but I'll be 38 tomorrow and will have no regrets.  I don't ever want to be pregnant again.  It's certainly not something to go into lightly.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"