December 2013 Moms
Options

BAT signal!

Re: BAT signal!

• Options
    I'm here. Going to lunch with the family after DD soccer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    G just ate his first pb&j for lunch. He loved it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a very unwelcome house guest. Ugh I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing it could be scurrying around somewhere. Ick.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I feel like xrap and decided to move all the furniture around in my house. I'm mad and can't make it work and want put it back the way it was but I'm too tired now.
  • Options
    Raylin loves toast with butter and jelly, we haven't done a full blown pb&j yet. My phone does that as well it guesses the next word you might use and sometimes I am also like mind BLOWN!!! Unwelcome guests are not fun! I hope you get rid of said guest quickly. 
  • Options
    Went grocery shopping with a very cranky baby today got home and she went right to sleep....now I get to stay inside while DH rakes The leaves
  • Options
    Don't ya love when they nap at the wrong time! Get it together baby LOL
  • Options
    And the bump ate the 2nd half of my post!!! I want to help rake but doggie will wake up said cranky baby
  • Options
    Is there a way to notify a facebook "friend" of the dangers of jackets and car seats without coming off as sanctimommy?

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• Options
    Post an article about it on your own wall and hopefully they will see it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Heading home from a weekend trip to Chicago. H has the smelliest burps! Ugh
  • Options
    Trying to do homework that is due tonight because I procrastinated.
  • Options
    Is there a way to notify a facebook "friend" of the dangers of jackets and car seats without coming off as sanctimommy?
    I agree with @playball13 or just message said friend if your brave enough and say something like "I knew you would want to know so I read an article about the dangers of X,Y and Z so I thought I would pass it along to you" Simple and then you know they see what your want them to see, Link the article and your done. 
  • Options
    Wait, what is the danger of jackets and car seats??
  • Options
    They make to much space between the child and the straps I do believe and then the car seat does not function properly. I might be wrong but that is what I remember.
  • Options
    juliagulia38juliagulia38 member
    edited November 2014

They make to much space between the child and the straps I do believe and then the car seat does not function properly. I might be wrong but that is what I remember.
    -------------------------------------------------
    I thought as long as you don't have to loosen the straps your okay? Example: I put the kids in hoodies and they are thin enough I don't have to loosen the straps.
  • Options
    ------------------------------------------------- I thought as long as you don't have to loosen the straps your okay? Example: I put the kids in hoodies and they are thin enough I don't have to loosen the straps.
    I am not sure, I just know that I have been warned against winter coats, like the fluffy and thick kind. I have put Raylin in with a cardigan on and a fleece zip up because I didn't move the straps. I hope that was OK! 
  • Options
    Thanks, sorry I had to post and run earlier. It is the winter jackets that cause concern. Fleece is ok from what I read.

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• Options
    We have a seat where you loosen and tighten the strap to get kiddo in and out... As long as the straps are tight enough on them, they are ok, right? I'd hate to have him in just a sweater or fleece when it is 0 degrees out.
  • Options
    uncgirl6885 I am no help in fixing it, I suck at siggy's BUT I will say I don't mind the one of EC  you have now. She is so adorable I will look at it FOREVER! ;)
  • Options
    @uncgirl6885 I don't know anything about siggy's but maybe lurk one of the newer bmb's?  They usually have an announcement at the top about how to change siggy's and what not...
  • Options

We have a seat where you loosen and tighten the strap to get kiddo in and out... As long as the straps are tight enough on them, they are ok, right? I'd hate to have him in just a sweater or fleece when it is 0 degrees out.

If the jacket is thick it can still create space the during impact of a wreck can compress and cause harm to the baby. The link that Tanisha417 posted is great.

I keep a blanket to cover LO in the car for the mornings and if it is really cold I will also bring his coat but put it on him backwards after strapping him in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"