December 2014 Moms
Options

Opening an in-home childcare?

Has anyone opened their own in-home childcare? How has it worked out for you? With 2 children, I don't know how financially beneficial it would actually be going back to work following the birth of my second child, so I'm thinking about taking on a few children in my home. I am a preschool teacher now, and could bring both children to the center with me if I continued to work, but work for a fraction of the pay as my childcare expenses would obviously go up. We wouldn't make it on just my husbands income, so if I quit my job, I would need to do something to make income. If I opened my own, I could be with my children and make income with the in-home, and we have the space for it if we make a few adjustments. Any thoughts?? Experiences??

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    aandkmom22aandkmom22 member
    edited November 2014
    This may be a better suited question for another board. Maybe Parenting or SAHM. I only say this because you may find more ladies with actual experience on the topic, though I am not sure I think we've had one lady here who runs an at home daycare that I can think of.
    For HP and All December ANGELS
  • Options
    Thanks :) just posted in SAHM board.. Didn't realize I could access other boards on the app. Still learning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"