July 2012 Moms

LO #2 and sippy cups

I have a question about LO #2 but I don't follow that board at all so I thought I would ask here. We have been trying to go Abigail to take a sippy cup for several months and she still refuses. She will drink out of it but only if we hold it for her (like a bottle). I have seen her pick them up and put her mouth on the nipple/straw but she will not drink and it usually ends up on the floor or with her handing it to us. If I walk away and refuse to give it to her she just keeps throwing it on the floor. I have tried different types of cups and nothing helps. We are trying to start to transition to CM and this is making things very difficult. Logan took to them with no problem so I am kind of at a loss of what to do. Is she just being lazy or does she really not get it? Tips? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO #2 and sippy cups

• I agree with the straw cup. Does she try to steal your drinks? I always have a cup of water with a straw that Dagny always wanted to drink out of so we used straw cups with her since she understood the straw concept.

• She is 11.5 months. We have tried straw cups and she just chews on it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"