June 2013 Moms

The Library

Do you take your LOs to the library yet? Do you read books there or check them out?

I just read something about taking their young toddlers to the library so I was wondering if anyone does. We love reading and she has lots of books. I just feel maybe she's a bit young still and would just throw books everywhere.

Re: The Library

• We go every week to the library. There are 2 local libraries with nice children's areas. I cannot get DS away from the train table. He almost always fusses loudly when we leave. I check out 2 or 3 books every other time we go. We usually read a book or 2 while we are there.
  • CL8badB said:
    I take him to the library but we go for toddler time. One of the librarians reads books and sings songs. Then we do a craft and then the librarian puts out a bunch of toys to play with. J loves it.

this is what we do, only our librarians don't do a craft. FCSS (family community support services) has bags at the library that you can check out. They are themed for toddlers and always include 3-4 books, depending on the theme there's some learning material and a few crafts. They include all the materials for the craft and then just restock it when you return. We've been getting a different one each week after story time.
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Over the summer I took B at least once a week. They have "baby" story time, similar to others- a couple books, a couple songs and dancing or shakers. They also had a bunch of board books to check out. I suspect that we may end up back at the libraries again this winter on the weekends, since it will stop being fun to go out and do much. It was also a great way to meet local moms!

Anniversary

• We go about every 2 weeks. I check out books every 4 weeks, 8 for each of them. We also get a movie for G on DVD every week weeks. We are very into the library and have been since both boys were wee. Story time doesn't work for me with the 3 crazy guys but they still love a trip to the kids room there.

• We go ice a week for story time and then he plays in the children's section after. We haven't checked out any books yet though! Honestly, he has so many at home and many of them he hasn't read yet! But he loves story time and playing with the other kids after.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • We do the weekly toddler tales program but before that we were going at least once a week to read since DD was about 9 months.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • We go regularly. They have a books and babies storytime, a Lego table, a train table, fish tanks and lots of places to play. She loves it! We don't usually read books there because she's so into everything else so we just check them out.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Our library has a story time and a decent play area so we try and hit that once a week. He's not super interested in sitting and reading there (too much to do and see), but we'll check out some books every now and then just to mix it up at home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"