Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Almost 9 months and no teeth?

DS2 is almost 9 months and still has no teeth! DS1 had quite a few teeth by now, getting his first when he was about 5.5 months old. I've read it's hereditary but I wasnt a late teether and DH said he never remembers anyone saying anything about him being a late teether. Is this something I should be concerned about and asking the dr?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Almost 9 months and no teeth?

• Nothing at all. I have a friend with a 1 year old with not one tooth yet. They all come in at different times. DS1 had a tooth come in at 11 months and another right after but that was it until well after a year.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• My daughter is nearly 11 months and doesn't have a single tooth. You're not alone!
  • Loading the player...
  • My twins are totally different. My son got his two bottom teeth in at about 6 months and my daughter still doesn't have any at 10 months old. They will come when they are ready. But I think she is getting ready to teeth. Has been chewing on everything lately and been fussy here and there lately. Will just chew on my finger if it gets close to her mouth for a while so we will see if she will get any before their first birthday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • same here, 9 months and no teeth yet!
  • I wouldn't worry.  I think every child is different when it comes to this stuff because my little guy is 10 months and has 8 teeth with two or three more on the way but another baby in his daycare who is a few weeks older than him only has 2.  It's just weird how totally different and at they're own pace every kid is.  
  • Another LO with no teeth at almost 9 months old! I will mention it at our 9 months pediatrician appointment, but I don't expect the doctor to be really concerned at this point.
  • My son is almost 9 months and he has his 2 bottom teeth only. When I was at my dentist having work done I was asking him about oral care for babies. I told him he only had his 2 bottom teeth. He then proceeded to tell me that the longer it is that the teeth come in the better. He longer it takes, and the older the child is, there will be more room for he teeth to come in, obviously because the older the child gets, the more he or she grows. If teeth come In to early and too fast sometimes Theres a risk of not having enough room in the mouth for all the teeth to fit, then you have bigger issues. ANYWAY long storey short don't worrk too much! Every child is different, the teeth will come in when they're good and ready :)
  • I agree with everyone else, every baby will have their own teething pace. My daughter was about 8.5 months before she started and now at almost 10 months she has her two bottom teeth coming up. There's a baby who was born a few days before her and one born a few days after that I know started teething maybe 3 to 4 months ago. I was never overly concerned I knew they would come when they were ready.
  • My friends daughter didn't get her first teeth until after 12 months. She is 2 1/2 now and still doesn't have all of her baby teeth. It will happen. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"