March 2014 Moms

Fights with SO

We try very very hard to not fight in front of the baby, so a lot of times my anger gets supressed. Whats your outlet for getting rid of your anger? Is it a screaming match with you SO? Working out? Throwing things lol?

Re: Fights with SO

• We don't really have "fights".  We may bicker or act like assholes to each other, but an all out fight is pretty rare in our house.  Fights with my mother...now those are a regular occurrence.  We live upstairs from my parents and they watch her while I work, so when I go to get her it's inevitable that my mother is going to say something that will piss me off.  Sometimes she doesn't even say anything I just have an unhealthy hatred, yes hatred towards her.  Anyway, I am trying my hardest not to argue with her while I am holding my daughter, but we are fixing the problem by putting her in daycare more days a week and I am reducing the days a week that I work.  So my mother won't be watching her at all come January.  January can't come fast enough!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Hate sex.

I'm only kind of kidding.
  • DH and I almost never fight, and our fights are more like heated disagreements. when we are mad though, we will usually try to talk it out. if that escalates, I will give him the silent treatment / cold shoulder until we are both calm enough to finish talking it out.

I will say for the record, he is ALWAYS WRONG when it comes to our disagreements, but for the sake of just being done with the issue I usually just let it all go. (mostly we disagree about cleaning or stupid stuff). we, ladies, are superior beings and must often take the high road.....even when we just want to get drunk and cuss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lindsey1031lindsey1031 member
    edited November 2014
    We don't fight much anymore but it was like what @babylimas said. Now I pre-warn him with a friendly, "life is about to become very un-fun if you don't keep your (insert mistake here) tendencies in check". That usually works as he's finally learned what comes next. It only took 11 years.

Edit for spelling

• We start out fighting in an adult way with reasoned discussion and "When you do ___ I feel ___" but is usually ends with him getting pissed off and storming off to bed, which infuriates me because I want to talk about the issue, not ignore it. We don't scream in front of J but I do use my angry bitchy voice.

Yeah, we need to work on this too. Can anyone recommend a book or something about how to fight productively?
  • jsmath said:

babylimas said:

We are very unhealthy fighters. Snide comments that escalate to yelling. Usually ends with me calling him an asshole and locking myself in the bedroom. Luckily it is very rare.

In my defense, he is an asshole. ;)

Samesies. 

Edit - I should add that I am an unhealthy fighter. It takes a lot to get MH worked up, so I usually escalate quickly, call a name, stomp off & then eventually either come back out or he comes in to say that I'm being ridiculous, and that gets me all angry again. 
    I third this.

Fourthing this. I'm a yeller, and I throw things (not at anyone tho). Until I met MH I always dated such passive guys. I'd either get the silent treatment or my bf would be calm, saying please honey don't be mad, while I was yelling and pissed off. I was always like I just want a guy that will yell back at me and just get it all out. Well, I should have been careful what I wished for.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Normally it's because he does something that makes me mad, so I stop talking to him for a day or two until I get over it.  Then we make up and talk about it.  

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm so sick of fighting with my DH it's not even funny. Nothing gets resolved, and he's turned into an awful spouse/friend and we fight all the time. I promised myself the shit would stop since we have LO now. It hasn't. I'm seriously considering divorce. No help on how to resolve fights from me! Unfortunately.
  • jsmath said:

babylimas said:

We are very unhealthy fighters. Snide comments that escalate to yelling. Usually ends with me calling him an asshole and locking myself in the bedroom. Luckily it is very rare.

In my defense, he is an asshole. ;)

Samesies. 

Edit - I should add that I am an unhealthy fighter. It takes a lot to get MH worked up, so I usually escalate quickly, call a name, stomp off & then eventually either come back out or he comes in to say that I'm being ridiculous, and that gets me all angry again. 
    I third this.
    Fourthing this. I'm a yeller, and I throw things (not at anyone tho). Until I met MH I always dated such passive guys. I'd either get the silent treatment or my bf would be calm, saying please honey don't be mad, while I was yelling and pissed off. I was always like I just want a guy that will yell back at me and just get it all out. Well, I should have been careful what I wished for.

Fifthing this. I'm a yeller, a foot stomper, and a door slammer. We went through a very rough patch after the infertility diagnosis and we fought all. the. time. We started therapy a few months ago and it has done wonders on our relationship. We still have ridiculous fights occasionally, but we have a cooling off period, I give him the silent treatment, he tells me I'm irrational, and then we laugh at how ridiculous the argument was in the first place.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • We don't fight, and if we do it's normally a disagreement. I'll get huffy & go to my room to CIO, where he comes & gets me once I've cooled off. He doesn't like to leave us mad at each other for long. So they're normally resolved within an hour or two.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bandteacher‌ at least 3 times since LO was born. I've sat him down, explained how and why I felt the way I did, and why things need to change for us as a family. He's receptive and says things will change and they'll improve for a couple of days, then he's right back at it. He refuses to do therapy. I'm at a loss for what else I can do.
  • Yep. It's ultimatum time. He's either gonna shit, or get off the pot because I'm done waiting for things to change. Maybe that's not the best metaphor, but it's all I can think of at the moment haha
  • When we fight it's because I'm pissed at something. I can't even say that it's a fight because my husband never gets angry. 

I'm a child when I'm pissed though. I slam doors and kick things. I'm trying SO hard to work on that because I don't want my kids to do the same. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i suppress my anger since Dh doesnt talk. To get rid of stress i shoot. Either my bow or a gun. My second job is at a gun range so i get plenty of free range time
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When we fight it's because I'm pissed at something. I can't even say that it's a fight because my husband never gets angry. 

I'm a child when I'm pissed though. I slam doors and kick things. I'm trying SO hard to work on that because I don't want my kids to do the same. 
    This!  My husband is the most patient person I know along with my father.  I'm so happy my daughter has two incredible male figures in her life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"