October 2014 Moms

When does it get easier?

My LO is 2 weeks old as of yesterday and I feel like I'm losing my mind! As a FTM, I had plenty of people tell me about the newborn stage and how hard it is, but now that I'm living it, it's so much more challenging than I could have ever expected. Everyone keeps telling me to hang in there, it gets easier. But when?

Breastfeeding sucks (no pun intended). I dread going to bed at night because I hate having to wake up to feed him. During the day I go stir crazy from literally sitting in the same spot on the couch all day long in my darkened living room, curtains drawn so I can nurse freely. I hate not having precious spare moments for myself, and having to scramble to eat, pee, brush my teeth etc between feedings.

STMs and those with Sept/early Oct babies...when does it all get better? I'm just having a really hard time adjusting and looking for a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like something is wrong with me for not being happier when this is what I really wanted and struggled to have. :-<

Re: When does it get easier?

• Loading the player...
  • Ftm. Lo is 7 weeks at midnight. Four weeks it got a bit better but that is also when we switched to ff (low supply issues ). He sleeps nice stretches at night but doesn't sleep much during the day. But he isn't fussy either.

It still is hard but we tend to have some good days and some bad ones.

Hang in there. 2 week mark was rough.
  • It gets better! The first two weeks were the hardest for me as a FTM, but now that my LO is 6 weeks I am feeling so much more "normal". My husband and I were just talking tonight about how nobody tells you how difficult and (in my case) depressing the first two weeks are, and that we are so glad to be past that. Hang in there!!!
  • vrj0522 said:

Sorry you are having such a hard time! I know that being FTM was extremely hard for me. It was a complete life change and it was hard to adjust to, not only physically, but emotionally and mentally. All I can say is that you'll get more used to it as the weeks go by. For me, there was a huge improvement on week 12 and another big improvement when DS was 5 months old. DH was told a little before DS was born that the first 6 months you just power-through and that's what we tried to keep in mind those first few months. It was true for us. 

I totally agree. It takes a while to figure out what works easiest. And as you start getting a little more sleep, everything looks better too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Find one thing each day your happy or grateful for. Even if it's a shower! Try not to stress on the little things rather focus on the highlights. It will get better....each stage has it's ups and downs. Someday you will look back on this stage and miss it...or miss something about it.
    Just remember this won't last forever! :)
  • I'm a FTM, DS born in Sep. I feel like it got a lot better when he was a month old and started taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Saved my sanity! You can get a LOT done in 2 hours lol. So now in the morning it's just "make it to naptime!!". Well, I mean I work now but when I was home thats how it was!
  • Chloe is almost 7 weeks and I would say it gets better and easier with each growth spurt. Two months was when it got easier last time with Nat. I was more confident leaving the house by then. This time we were out of the house much sooner. I wish I had better advice but for me giving myself goals to leave the house helped my sanity.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I do find that leaving the house makes me feel better. I also notice that when I'm exhausted is when I get very emotional and feel doomed to be a dairy cow forever. Just getting 20min of sleep after one of those episodes is helpful. Also, DD is 4 weeks today and yesterday and today seemed somewhat easier. Hang in there OP!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"