Ohio Babies

Mt Carmel West?

babysiersbabysiers member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
I've only lived in Columbus for a short time and this is going to be my first child so I need some information from those who delivered at Mt Carmel West

Re: Mt Carmel West?

• samanthaj0esamanthaj0e member
    edited November 2014
    I have not delivered at West, as I am also on my first pregnancy, however all the Mount Carmel hospitals are pretty good in my opinion.
  • Okay, thanks! I just can't find many reviews.. If you hear anything else about it let me know :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I deliverd at St. Ann's (the only hospital my doc has permission at). It was ok. You should definetly take a tour of the Maternity and delivery wards and ask tons of questions. I believe a lot of policies have changed though with the new healthcare law. My biggest issue was I hated my first post-partum day nurse. She was new and thought she new everything and proceeded to piss off me, my husband, and my entire pediatrician's office in the matter of 36 hours. This time I will be requesting a new nurse if I don't like th eone I have. Just make sure you speak up as a nurse has a major impact on how your stay goes...all my other nurses were awesome!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I have had 2 of my 3 kiddos at West, and my only complaint was when I was getting wheeled into the maternity dept, the lady at the desk asked "how can I help you' very rudely. UM...Im having a baby in about 20 minutes..you can get me to a room! 
    I will be having my 4th here also..other than that, I love it. The nurses were great and accommodating. Although, I do agree, if you get a nurse you are not 'connecting' with. Ask for a new one. This should be a stress free beautiful time for you. And they are there to help, not make it worse. 

Good Luck!! 
  • Thank you everyone for your help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"