January 2014 Moms
Options

1st bday

Those of you planning a first birthday party for LO, are you doing a theme? If so what is it?

We are doing minnie mouse. I have been going crazy on pinterest :)
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: 1st bday

• Options
    I don't think I'm going to do a theme. I've seen so many cute birthday parties with a bright blue/lime green color scheme. I think I'm going to go with that. Also going Pinterest crazy! Maybe next year when he's more into a character or something we'll do an actual theme. I just reserved our location for the party the other day. We're having it on DSs bday, NYE, early in the day. The adults may or may not stick around for a little NYE party. Depending totally on when baby girl decides to make her appearance! :) All I know is moma needs some wine.   :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Winter One-derland theme.

Saw it on here, looked at it on Pinterest and fell in love. Ordered her outfit from Etsy earlier this week. Figured we can only do this theme once. Also was thinking that since Frozen is so popular, I'll be able to find lots of wintry stuff in the stores.

We are doing it the Saturday after her bday (1/13)...which happens to be my birthday!!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm doing pink and green polka dots and stripes with pink Minnie thrown In there bc she's obsessed. I am still not even sure where I'm having it. Winter bdays are hard!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    We're doing an enchanted forest theme. The party is in a little over two weeks and I'm so excited!!

imageimage

• Options
    Sorry I totally posted and ran I was busy today. I like the onderland theme. My sister in law is doing that for my niece. So many fun themes.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    I was just planning on having a pink theme, but I love the Winter One-derland theme!  So many cute ideas on Pinterest.  I think I will do a few pink things and a few winter things.  I don't want to spend much money, so I will try and make things myself. 

I am going to use a couple of pink and white dollar store tablecloths to make the background behind DD's highchair.  https://rainonatinroof.com/2013/05/diy-party-backdrop-tutorial-cheap-easy/  

I also want to glue DD's monthly pictures onto cute scrapbook paper and hang it up.   https://www.etsy.com/listing/73378749/photo-banner-first-birthdays-graduation?ref=sr_gallery_32&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=first+birthday&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I love the idea of a hot chocolate bar!  I don't know what else I will do for food.  I thought about Costco pizzas (although DH might bbq), fruit and veggies.  I also want to have mini cupcakes instead of a big cake.  https://simplysocialblog.com/2014/01/20/oh-look-more-snowflakes/
  • Options
    I don't think we'll do a theme, but we're also not having a huge party, just a family dinner. Once she's old enough to show interest in things and understand her parties I will totally go all out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"