January 2014 Moms

Hates the sippy?

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited November 2014 in January 2014 Moms
My plan is/was to stop BFing at 12 months....I was thinking it wouldn't be a problem until I realized that LO hates the sippy. No matter what kind...straw, nuk silicone nipple, etc. I even tried water in a baby bottle. It's strange, but she's never really ever had a bottle; maybe five times in her life. Maybe I should try a splash of juice in her sippy with a majority of water to get her used to it?? Anyone else's LO want nothing to do with their sippy?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Hates the sippy?

• MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited November 2014
    Have you tried Avent brand? DS loves that brand for some reason. He's never taken to a bottle but does well with Avent brand sippy cups. We started with the flat nipple kind. I believe it was the 4+ month cups with water, though we didn't start sippy cups until 7 months.
    Yea...I tried it. The flat white one with the bunny-looking animal on the side. Throws it. I put a splash of juice in it today. She just held it in her mouth after I squeezed the nipple with the water in her mouth. She didn't toss it like she usually does. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • DD just started raking the sippy cup. But she is lazy and wants me to hold it. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My friend bright one of these over with her 15 mo this weekend and since lo doesn't really like the sippy and would rather drink from a regular cup I'll be buying these soon. I watched him throw it around for a few hours and no spills. So cool!
    https://www.wowcup.com/
  • We give a sippy frequently. It took a while but she will drink from it now. I just give water. She doesn't drink a ton. But sometimes she Wil guzzle for a few if she is eating something dry other wise she sips.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Our ped hates sippys and recommends teaching open cup first!
    Dd loves sipping off a cup, so I'm game to skip the sippy except for the occasional picnic or car ride.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"