March 2014 Moms
Options

What's your number?

angelsnightangelsnight member
edited November 2014 in March 2014 Moms
I don't think we've done this....I watched the Sex and the City episode today where Miranda said her number is 42! It got me curious. How many people have you slept with?
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

What's your number? 156 votes

24% 38 votes
2-3
21% 34 votes
4-5
14% 22 votes
6-7
3% 6 votes
8-9
5% 8 votes
10-15
14% 22 votes
16-20
2% 4 votes
21-25
5% 9 votes
26-29
1% 3 votes
30+
6% 10 votes

Re: What's your number?

• Options
    I wish I'd had a little bit more fun...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    College was FREAKING AWESOME, IMO. This domestication shit is for the birds..... 

Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• Options
    My BFF and I were just reminiscing conquests "back in the day." I was very outgoing and adventurous.... now my idea of a good time are fresh batteries in the bullet. 
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• Options
    I had to pick 8-9. I know I've had sex with 10 people and I used to be able to remember all their names, but I can't seem to recall two of them...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Smh at myself.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I could kick myself for being so self-conscious when I was younger. I don't regret not having sex, just the reasons behind it. I was so scared of it. I only ever had sex with my H and I was 20 the first time. 
  • Options
    @babylimas‌ that's almost my story too. I had sex with my long term bf, then after we split I met my now husband. I'm a little jealous of all the fun these ladies have had.
  • Options
    SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited November 2014
    @laurenann89‌
    Some people call it 'fun'. Some call it 'stupidity'.
    (I don't care what anyone calls it, it's all dependent on how you feel about it)
    ---
    Sometimes I'm embarrassed by my number, other times I'm okay with it.
    I had a 'busy' period and the number rose quickly, but then I've been in long term relationships where that number held steady.

If I feel bad about it, I remind myself of a very 'active' girl I went to high school with. Her number was 56 when we finished HS. I know she's been with at least 15 guys since, so I stop feeling bad about my number.
    (This statement was in no way meant to make anyone feel bad if their number is 70-ish. Lol)
    * don't forget, we range in age 20-ish to 42-ish. Lots of years difference for lots of experience. ;)

Edit: entire comment not directed to laurenann only.
  • Options
    @babylimas‌ that's almost my story too. I had sex with my long term bf, then after we split I met my now husband. I'm a little jealous of all the fun these ladies have had.
    Almost my story too, although I admit during the bad breakup with the longterm bf I also ended up getting with one of his friends >.>

(And I still think his friend was a nicer guy than my bf. At least he admitted he wasn't interested in a serious relationship, rather than dating me for several years then cheating with one of my 'friends' and justifying it by saying "we were never serious." OK...rant over :-P)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    laurenann89laurenann89 member
    edited November 2014
    I just hate for women to feel ashamed or stupid for something men are praised for. I'm 25, with a baby and a SO I've been with for almost 7 years, who frankly is an asshat most days. I just wish I'd had a little more time to travel, find myself, and screw around a bit lol so don't feel ashamed ladies!

Plus, all this sex talk on here lately made me realize I should never have felt pressured to not do what I wanted all bc society dictates women shouldn't behave that way. What a stupid reason to be held back.

Eta
  • Options
    babylimas said:

I could kick myself for being so self-conscious when I was younger. I don't regret not having sex, just the reasons behind it. I was so scared of it. I only ever had sex with my H and I was 20 the first time. 

I had the opposite problem. I was so self conscious I used sex as a way to make me feel better about myself. The feeling of someone wanting me at that moment.. But then after awhile I realized it actually made me feel worse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kimberpookimberpoo member
    edited November 2014

I'm surprised at how many girls have only had 1! I thought there would only be a few. good for you girls.

my # is 2, although I've messed around plenty. DH and I have been together since high school, but we were broken up for a few months when we first went away to college. I had lots of fun, and sometimes, I wish I could've had just a bit more time having the funs! although, realistically, I constantly thought about DH. he is definitely my one and only someone.

eta: I should add I am a bit envious of you girls who have had more partners :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    OK, sub-topic....does anyone have any idea what they will tell their kids once they reach an age where sex is an issue?  My mom was only ever with my dad and it was once they were married, she so she had no issue telling me that, and making it clear she expected the same of me.  She also didn't hesitate to shame me when I slept with my boyfriend, even though we were safe, and I was 18.

I want my daughter to make good choices that she can live with and I don't want her to be ashamed like my mom made me feel.  But I also don't want her to be too young and unsafe and make decsions she may regret.  I am not ashamed of my number, which is 9, but I don't necessarily want her to know my number when she is still young.  I'll probably tell her once she is an adult....so I am curious what others think they will do.  I know it is a loooong time off, but I was wondering if anyone has thought about it....or maybe for any that have older ones that you have perhaps had to deal with this already.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    @angelsnight‌
    I've had several talks with my daughter. A few years back (when I was still with her dad) she used to ask us to go make her a brother or sister.
    We have discussed sex.
    She knew that her dad was not the only boyfriend I've had, but she knows that I had a couple long term boyfriends and that I had lived with them. I don't think she has specifically asked if I've had sex with any specific person and I know she has never asked how many.
    I would NOT tell her my number.
    I would simply say that I had slept with people other than just her dad and my new H.
    The hard part will be if she asks me at what age I lost my virginity. X_X
  • Options
    ^^ my thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    I have ongoing conversations with my boys regarding sex and the implications on them and the person they are with.  I talk about being responsible with no only your actions but with your emotions; never pushing someone to do something they are not in agreement with, etc.  My boys would be so red faced and would never ask me how many or when I did what with whom.  We talk about std's, pregnancy, and moral consequences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"