February 2014 Moms
Options

Do you have a "TV breakfast"?

iwubroryiwubrory member
edited November 2014 in February 2014 Moms
On TV shows, moms are always making nice hot breakfasts of eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. during the work/school week. DH and I call those "TV breakfasts" because we think it's highly unlikely that many people really make full hot breakfasts like that Monday-Friday. I'm not talking about convenience items like Eggos either. Maybe we're just lazy or not used to it since neither of us grew up with that. What says F14?

If you don't have a TV breakfast now but did growing up then kindly include that info in a comment below so I can marvel at your mom/dad's awesomeness.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Do you have a "TV breakfast"? 107 votes

Yes, DH or I make a full hot breakfast most days during the week.
6% 7 votes
Yes, two or three days during the work week,
10% 11 votes
Yes, once during the work week.
1% 2 votes
Ain't nobody got time for that.
80% 86 votes
SS
0% 1 vote

Re: Do you have a "TV breakfast"?

• Options
    i rarely make a hot breakfast other than oatmeal. and even that is microwaved.once in a blue moon ill make a mexican tv breakfast..eggs, diced potatoes, chorizo, and it almost always ends up in a burrito. but man i haven't made pancakes or waffles or anything of that nature in FOREVER. probably since before i was pregnant. 

....and now i want waffles

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol lol lol

Cereal, bagels, oatmeal. Breakfast is get your own. On very rare occasion, I make a hot breakfast on a weekend day. Or breakfast for dinner.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Breakfast for dinner, maybe.

I grew up with cereal and milk. Now its oatmeal and a cup of tea. Somedays I even get to finish it. :)
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I bought Panera bagels today. Because on sale and because @MissDemeanor‌ keeps talking about bagels!
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We usually do eggs of some sort (scrambled eggs with fruit, egg sandwiches) a couple of days a week. The other days we have cereal/oatmeal/yogurt. On Sundays after mass, we always make a nice brunch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used to be a cereal girl, but here lately, I have switched to breakfast sandwiches. It's kind of cheating though, we have these awesome microwave things where you scramble an egg, dump in whatever meat, and zap for 90sec. Once it is done, throw it on a toasted english muffin or bagel, and go. If I'm really running late, MH always has pop tarts.... But I try to avoid them if I can. They are yummy but super unhealthy..

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    I alternate between cereal and scrambled eggs with cheese. The eggs take me maybe 5 minutes though. Otherwise I would eat cereal everyday and I try to not eat a ton of carbs/sugar.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    The hubby loves cooking breakfast, so we get eggs, waffles, pancakes, or French toast at least half the week. Yum!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually make an egg sandwich for breakfast.  It's basically scrambled eggs with a slice of cheese on some sort of bread.
  • Options
    We never have time for tv breakfast during the week plus we all eat breakfast at different times. But sometimes we have tv breakfast for dinner!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"