Late Term and Child Loss
Options

weight loss and food comfort...

Hey gals. A bit of a bummer yet again. Having trouble losing weight. its been almost 4 months. I gained weight after the loss (depression) and haven't been able to lose more than a few pounds only to re-gain it. I talked to my doctor today, and she noted that I am nearing 30 (next month). She suggested a food diary and exercise tracker to help, and showed me how to figure out how much/what to eat, etc. 
Really? 
ugh. I don't have the energy for this. its dark out nearly right after work. I've got to lose this weight to get back to a healthy weight so we can try again...Only to gain it again with pregnancy. And now I'm almost 30 and "my metabolism is slowing down"....
:((
*Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*

Re: weight loss and food comfort...

• Options
    ((Hugs)). The weight is hard. I am totally an emotional eater and really struggled those first months after Colton's birth. About 4 months after we lost him, I decided I needed to take care of myself, for MH, my living son, and any future children we might have. I started exercising and changing how i was eating, and as the weight started coming off, it helped me feel better. I was proud of myself for doing something about my weight and getting healthy, I felt emotionally better, and the exercise became a much healthier outlet for my grief and anger.

It's been 10 months and I've been able to lose 42 lbs, and I feel so much better, both physically and just my self esteem. It is hard. It is still hard for me to not sit down and eat and instead get on the elliptical, but most days I manage to do it. Some days I still grab the cookies and remote, and that's okay too. Some days are just too hard.

And in a weird way, losing the weight has given me even more chances to talk about Colton, and I kind of love that. When people will comment on how much weight I've lost, how good I look, etc, I will talk about how I almost died last year, and my son did die, and I knew I had so much more i wanted to live for, that I needed to get healthy and that he has been my inspiration. There is a reason I didn't die that day, and I want to make the most of it, and live life since he can't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    (side comment: I do NOT mean to sound ungrateful for the possibility of being pregnant again. I know that I am lucky that as of yet (fx) I don't have anything stopping that)
    *Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a hard time with my weight after losing my son too. I had been so healthy during pregnancy and then had a c section and couldn't do anything at all. Add to that all of our wonderful friends bringing us food for a month and I gained a lot of weight above what I had already gained in pregnancy. I was determined to lose it because we wanted to get pregnant as soon as it was safe to do so. We were told to wait for 6 months. I started exercising as soon as I was cleared to, but the weight just didn't come off. Then I started really tracking what I was eating and how much exercise I was getting. That helped a lot. I was eating more than I thought and counting things as exercise that really weren't. I did eventually lose about 30 pounds. It just took much longer than I thought it would.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    Ticker warning

Hugs, losing weight is so hard. I've been struggling for years and after my loss it was especially hard. I was overweight going into that pregnancy as it was, and then gained another 15 pounds in the months after. I've had success on myfitnesspal.com. Its free and pretty easy to stick to. I log my food Sunday thru Thursday, Fridays are my cheat days and Saturday I do try to make smart choices but I don't log my food on Saturdays. This gives me a bit of a break so I can stick to it the majority of the week.

As far as exercise, are you able to walk on your lunch break? When I was working it was nice to get away from my desk, listen to music and just clear my head while I walked. Just 30 minutes a day, four or five days a week is excellent exercise but it's not hard on your body and I find it to be enjoyable. Good luck!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I am right there with you! Before I got pregnant with Ben I lost over thirty pounds. During my pregnancy I gained around twenty back. In the eight months since we lost him, I've lost five pounds. I joined WW three weeks after he was born. I figured since I had a csection and couldn't get back in the gym, I should focus on my eating. For a number of reasons it wasn't working for me like it did in the past. Last week I made the switch to My Fitness Pal and got a Fitbit. I feel like it's more complicated this time because my emotions are all over the place. I'd love to add anyone interested in switching info on My fitness pal.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

((Hugs)) - I'm over 30 too and my non-existent metabolism

I too am struggling with weight. I gained over 50 lbs during pregnancy and never really got it off. Being in and out of the hospital with our son didn't do anything to help that as well since hospital food is not all that healthy (or at least for the parents at a children's hospital). After his death, the lbs have slowly crept up even though I am working out more now. I know it is my eating habits which are hard to break - food is just so damn good :)

I also have hormonal issues such as hypothyroidism, etc. Since we are TTC, my doctor wants me to loose some weight *sigh*

Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

• Options
    Over the past 5 years, I've put on a couple pounds with each round of infertility treatments.  Plus the 20 or so pregnancy pounds.  I lost 10 right away after my loss, but now I'm struggling as well.  Not just with weight, but with the look of my post pregnancy body.  I've started trying to be more active, but am really struggling as well because I still have so much pain from the site of the spinal block they used during post-delivery surgery.  I have just put my fitbit back on so hopefully that helps.

• Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I am new to this board (coming from Nov 14) with the loss of my first born on Oct 29th. I am 27 and have always been active but I cant for the life of me lose this damn weight!!! Im naturally hard on myself and want it to just come off so DH and I can start trying when we get cleared to. I am trying to be kind to myself, it's pretty hard though. Ive done my fitness pal and just yesterday signed back up with WW plus exercising (got cleared by the doc, thank God). Looking forward to any tips anyone has.
  • Options
    *hugs* KorinneGilbert 
    so many hugs to all of you.
    update? My fiance's sister-in-law (23 years old) has a 3 year old. She was about my size before this loss, and then during the loss, she kicked her weight loss into high gear and now she's the size of a toothpick. And we're pretty sure they're pregnant again based on her behavior and eating patterns at thanksgiving. I'm grateful they didn't announce it though. Gives me time to get my emotions under control. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"