Special Needs

Self-care Monday

Last week's challenge was to spend one night screen free. Did you? What did you do?

How else did you practice self-care this week?

If you could change one thing about your life with the snap of your fingers, what would it be?

This week's challenge: Make one healthy meal change this week. Usually go through McDonald's for breakfast? Eat at home instead. Get an apple instead of chips with your meal. Etc.
           image      image      image

Re: Self-care Monday

• I spent an evening at the local 'square' while DN hung out with her boyfriend nearby. I read a book, window shopped and indulged in some ice cream. It was nice.

I had lunch with a church mom yesterday. I had a lot of fun. It was nice to connect with another mom.

The custody hearing for DN is this Thursday. I wish we could just get it over with.
  • Yep, spent one evening reading a 'real' book, granted it was a cheap romance novel but it worked well for an escape from reality. ;)

Had a really nice evening Friday night with DH, had our at home date night and marathon watched some Modern Family episodes we had DVR'd so lots of laughs. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • -auntie- said:
    I sought out the screens. My bad.

DH and I caught two movies we wanted to see before they'd left theaters. I finally got to see Gone Girl which lived up to its hype- it's as unsatisfying as the book in a weirdly Hitchcockian way. Flynn nailed the screenplay. Affleck wasn't as miscast as I'd been led to believe and both NPH and Tyler Perry were beyond amusing. Also caught Birdman at the local indie therater. Not sure I agree it's the finest film ever made, for the record I didn't think Boyhood was either. The dark Spanish sensibility was very evident, but it was very good. Keaton was incredible and the whole Batman/Birdman thing was played more ironically.

I started a book that isn't about ASD, maybe I'll finish it. Maybe not. My main goal for the week is to get my garden cleaned up for winter. My secondary kitchen goal is to eat home more this week. I am making a ton on beef stew and then a huge pork roast. I plan to make up a couple dinners for my friend's "Aid for Friends" freezers. 
    Auntie, you seem like a real movie buff.  Care to recommend any movies?
  • I like a lot of different types of movies.  I'll watch pretty much anything.  There have been a few movies I have not liked over the years - Twilight, and Pretty in Pink just to name two.  Fiction and documentaries are both fair game for me.  Sorry, that doesn't provide you with a lot of direction.  lol.
  • I just finished a conversation with my boss on my workload. 

It's scary, because I like the money from my paycheck and I'm worried that rather than taking a small step back, I may end up with less work/less money than I want. But I can't keep on the way I have, it's too stressful and it just eats up my life in a way that a PT, WAH job is not supposed to. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • I just finished a conversation with my boss on my workload. 

It's scary, because I like the money from my paycheck and I'm worried that rather than taking a small step back, I may end up with less work/less money than I want. But I can't keep on the way I have, it's too stressful and it just eats up my life in a way that a PT, WAH job is not supposed to. 

Congratulations lite-bright.  That must have been a nerve wracking conversation and it must be scary going into unknown territory like this.  You have great courage.
  • I took 2 days off from work to watch DS play in a baseball game against another SPED class which the PT has been working on with the entire ASD class. Both times they scheduled games and canceled.

I cleaned out the apartment of Halloween decorations and watched more T.V. than usual watching all 2-4 Harry Potter movies. DH and I had some alone time. I had a great deal of naps.

DH said he was going to clean the treadmill and mentioned me in the same statement. I was not paying attention. I am probably tired of being tired and out of shape and that is one thing I would like to change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"