Babies on the Brain

2nd time TTC...implantation question

So we are TTC for our 2nd baby and my cycle has been very consistently 31 days long for a few months now. I am still bf our 14 month old (weaning is becoming a long process) so I know fb hormones can altar your cycle, but like I said it's been pretty consistant. Anyway, so last month we decided to use an ovulation kit (last time we TTC we tried a few months without using the kit, then decided to and Bam! We got our first baby, so we did the same thing this time, tried a few months, then decided to use the kit) I guess because it worked last time, I may be getting my hopes up, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work....so we did the bd when we got the smiley face every other day and even the day before we got the happy face, well I totally thought it was going to work...THEN I got my period a WEEK early! THAT NEVER EVER HAPPENS. It usually comes a day early or a day late, NEVER a whole week early! So I guess my question is, have any of you gotten implantation bleeding that was as heavy as your period? I was hoping that it was implantation bleeding, but it was unmistakablely my period. I guess I'm just getting my hopes up and not wanting to believe that it was my period. Just cuz it was so early (exactly when implantation would have occurred) and it was so weird cuz I usually get horrible back aches and headaches during it, but nothing, no aches or pains it was such an abnormal period....I think I'm just super sad about it cuz, we don't want to TTC this month cuz if we did our dd's b day would be the same month and then next month the baby's bday would fall on another family member's bday and that's a long story in itself why that's a bigger deal than it really should be lol....I guess I just have to let go of these feelings, and admit it was my period....lol
Sorry for the CRAZY LONG post/question....I guess it was more of a vent ;)

Re: 2nd time TTC...implantation question

• edited November 2014

Your cycle is regular until it's not.

I had IB with my first pregnancy.  It lasted maybe 36 hours and was super light.

Just as a personal aside, I wouldn't TTA just beacuse you might have sibs that share a birth month-- but that's just me.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• IB is rare and usually lasts a few hours not a period length of time. Also, you if you need a tampon or pad it is your period.I think you will find this helpful https://tbttgp.wordpress.com/implantation-bleeding/
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol, was that NPH at the end of that chart! :)
    Thanks ladies!
  • Oh and the whole sibs/cousin thing, I dont care if they share birthdays, it's others who have opinions....it really is a long story, but I totally agree with you Helen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"