March 2014 Moms

Travel

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited November 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Not including travel within your own country, how many countries have you traveled to, that you can remember? (Travel as an infant or child that you don't remember do not count) (**travel for business or pleasure, can include if you've had to live in another country for work)

Travel 91 votes

None - I've never left this country
7% 7 votes
1 - only been to one other country besides the one I'm in right now
15% 14 votes
2-3
23% 21 votes
4-5, I've been here and there
14% 13 votes
6-10, I get around
17% 16 votes
11-20, I can't sit still
17% 16 votes
21-50, I'm a travel slut
3% 3 votes
51+, I'm trying to visit every country before I die
0% 0 votes
In my dreams I have been everywhere that I want to be
0% 0 votes
I'm nosey and/or will live vicariously through all of you (aka, I don't go here)
1% 1 vote

Re: Travel

• I went to Europe when I was 9 and again when I was 16 and went to like 5 or 6 countries there, 4 that I remember. And then DH and I went to Belize on our honeymoon so I picked 4-5.
  • Canada technically doesn't count around these parts ;)

Hmm, so if I've been to 1 country (USA) besides where I'm at now (Canada) but Canada doesn't count...do I answer 1, none or am I not allowed to answer?
    :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • I would count Canada because it's not the county I live in, and I would consider it and exciting trip!
  • I've visited several European countries and a couple in Central America. DH and I took a long European vacation when we started TTC and I'm so glad we did. I'm not sure when we'll travel outside the USA again, but i hope to take lo to visit many other places.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Canada & Bermuda when I was young. Japan, Germany, Italy, and England after getting married :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Canada technically doesn't count around these parts ;)
    (in best TexAss accent)
    Canider wuld count round yonder in dees here parts!

I've been to the Bahamas (so tourist-y I wasn;t even sure I was in another country) and to France.  Twice.

• Haha! Growing up it was the joke cause we are so close to the border. This was before you needed passports.

I grew up about 45 minutes from a border crossing. My parents never took us out of the country. I had been 5 minutes from the border sooooo many times but didn't realize it as a child.
    The first time I left Canada was with my ExH when we were teenagers. That's when I realized how close I had been all those years. ;)

• Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Saint Thomas, Saint Martin, Canada

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Canada, Mexico (barely, I went to college in San Diego....), and Japan.
        image  image

• I have been to Bermuda and the Bahamas.
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honduras, Belize, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Antigua, and The Bahamas. I obviously like the Caribbean/ocean.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• yalllowyalllow member
    edited November 2014
    @younglove316 You stepped foot on the land - you've been there!

Me: Canada (by Alaska not my neighbor Canada in MI), Mexico, France, and England

EDIT to add:

I want to take hubs to AK so bad. I know once we get there, we won't want come back to the lower 48. We want to live there.
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• Proud travel slut right here. 

I've done a lot of the Middle East, and a fair bit of Asia.  A bit of Europe, and some North America.  Still haven't made it to, South America though.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• babycaps said:
    It makes me sad that people say they can't travel anymore once they have kids. At least before they're too the additional cost is minimal. I love traveling with my kids!
    Agree!!! T minus 5 weeks to our next international trip, 2 weeks to our next domestic get away! Traveling with LO on United was actually $100 and we didn't have to pay for economy plus since we get the bassinet seat for LO! So we actually paid less than usual!

I don't feel sad for them--- I've come to realize in this world, there are people who love to travel, and people who don't. We are just different that way.

I love to travel, and having children will never stop me from traveling (both with and without them). 

1 month until we fly to Florida, 4 months until we fly to Costa Rica, and 8 months until we fly to Malaysia! 

I think I counted 15 countries for myself!
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Has anyone done longer car trips with their LO? We are thinking about going to Nashville next month and it would be about an 8 hour drive. Just wondering if I'm crazy for thinking it's a good idea?
    I've done a 14-hour drive from NJ to Nashville, TN. We did it in two legs, so we went 8 hours the first day, stopped overnight at a hotel, then did 6 hours the next day. She was 2 years old. We like travel in the middle of the night. If we go during the day, we factor in a lot more stops (one 15 min stop every 2 hours). Bring lots of snacks.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Has anyone done longer car trips with their LO? We are thinking about going to Nashville next month and it would be about an 8 hour drive. Just wondering if I'm crazy for thinking it's a good idea?
    We did a 20 hour car trip with LO when he was about three months old, split over several days. It was easier than I expected because he slept so much. We stopped about every 2.5-3 hours unless he was sleeping. One of us sat in the back with him the whole time to keep him entertained while the other drove. The dog got to sit shotgun.

So many. This summer we drove to Idaho for moose hunting (6.5 hours) SO many times. She likes her car seat, so we had a pretty easy time.

We usually made one big stop halfway there, for a diaper change, fuel, nurse, etc. She normally likes to eat more often than every 3 hours, so I had a manual pump in the front seat that I'd use & just hand the bottle back to her. Life savers were: toys that made noise, soft blade fans that we could clip to her car seat(it was the summer months, but she also LOVED sticking her fingers in & hearing the noise it made), books, and if all else was failing she would get the iPad on guided access. On later trips this fall she would also get French fries.

We made this trip at least 5 times this year, one of which I drove with her on my own. (No pumping, just starting the drive early in the morning).

Even though they're little, I suggest only giving them one toy at a time. It helps distract & keep them entertained for longer. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"