June 2013 Moms

What my toddler ate today

B is sick, so I'm giving him a pass, but what he ate today is really more stereotypical toddler than usual. This is what he actually ate (not what I offered).

Breakfast: yogurt, applesauce, a couple grapes
Lunch: 1 bite of apple, almost all the leftover Muenster cheese (prob ~3oz)
Snack: 1 bite of cottage cheese, one sip of veggie pouch, a piece of daddy's chocolate
Dinner: 1 bite of veggie pizza, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 bite of apple
+a couple cups of milk and some water.

Dairy is the last thing I want when I'm coughing and congested. I don't understand why he's eating all this cheese.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What my toddler ate today

• pre-breakfast: 2 strawberries and milk

breakfast: 2 pancakes, 2 links of sausage, some of MH's egg sandwich, watered down grape juice and honey dew

lunch: 2 chicken tenders, fruit cup, 1/2 his brother's cheeseburger, some French fries, some of my cheeseburger and milk

snack: cheese-its and a cheese stick and water

dinner: hot dog with no bun, tater tots, mac and cheese, a couple bites of cheeseburger (we went to a bbq for work, I swear we eat more than just burgers at every meal), and a banana and water

dessert: 1/2 a chocolate chip cookie and milk

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • musicalsilvermusicalsilver member
    edited November 2014
    Breakfast: We split a large bowl of steel cut oats with a smidge of brown sugar and raisins

Second breakfast with DH: Toast with butter and spiced apple jam

Lunch: A couple bites of banana, a handful of raisins/dried cherries, two bites of butternut squash risotto

Late snack/pre-dinner: Couple more bites of banana, most of a cheese stick, about 1/3rd piece of leftover rosemary/potato/parm pizza

Dinner: Mexican rice with chicken, onions, and cheddar (1/4 to 1/2 cupish).  Half a pear.

+ About an ounce of water and a ton of on demand nursing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Bf: apple and cin oatmeal with a sausage patty and some my breakfast empanadas DH made with eggs, sausage, union, bellpepper n cheese.
    Milk and sips of water.

Snack: a cutie, peanut butter crackers, cheese stickand a cup of water, veggie chips.

Lunch: a banana, crackers, tilapia with wild rice, peas and carrots.

Snack: applesauce and peanut butter crackers (he can eat thesr all day).

Dinner: chicken breast/rice bake with carrots. A banana cookie, a couple spoons fulls of my gelato and milk.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No joke, all M ate today was yogurt. She was offered a variety of things for breakfast including fruit, cereal toast and yogurt. She only ate yogurt. Fast forward to a couple hours later at my mom's. She sees the yogurt container in the fridge and asks for it. Mom also offers her pancakes, veggies with dip, etc. nope, just lots of yogurt. I made her a smoothie when she got home, that she refused. But she did eat more yogurt in her new sili squeeze. She tried one small bite of lasagna and a bit of garlic toast tonight, but basically my kid ate yogurt from the time she woke up until she went to bed. Probably be limiting her dairy tomorrow, lol.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• @subliminalrabbit‌ I have the original Sili Squeeze and the Sili Squeeze with Ease. Both 4 oz (is that the snacker?) we are only using the original right now. M has no problem squeezing/sucking what she wants out of it, but it takes quite a bit of effort to squeeze it enough to make it squirt and make a mess. I think it will be awesome for yogurt or smoothies around the house or in the car. We've only tried yogurt so far, first time was yesterday. The Sili Squeeze with Ease is more like a store bought pouch. It has a leakproof cap, but no valve so it is just an open hole for them to suck whatever you fill it with. It says recommended for 2+ and I will probably go with that. I think it's more about maturity to know not to squeeze and make a mess.

I had seen them before but didn't really want to spend the $17-20 to try it.  I got them on baby steals for $7, and they were well worth it!

• daffy2kdaffy2k member
    edited November 2014
    That was really the thing that intrigued me about them @subliminalrabbit‌. I actually bought them thinking that M might not get much use out of them but that I could use them for my own purées with the new baby. But I think we will get tons of use out of them now, and then I'll just have them around for the next one too.

ETA: I actually now like them better than pouches, because I can actually give her this one when we are out and about and I don't have to hover over her to make sure she doesn't start playing with and squeezing the pouch making a mess. 

• Sunday morning breakfast:
    3 pancakes
    1 sausage patty
    2 eggs
    1/2 biscuit

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• STOP BRAGGING LADIES WITH PIGGIE BABIES!!!!!!

JK, Arlo is in the 85th percentile so I guess he is fine living on milk for all eternity?

• DencasaDencasa member
    edited November 2014
    I

Apparently there actually is one tiny middle eastern market in this not very diverse city -- I was expecting zero. I'm going to have to go check it out! Thanks for the idea @emazeem -- and I'd LOVE any recipe ideas too!

When you're in Denver again go to Arash on Yale and Parker road. You will find amazing deals there. Also while there get a taramasalata (Greek caviar) it's over with the milks and yogurts in a glass jar. It's an amazing spread :-)

@subliminalrabbit‌
    ETA tag
  • Dencasa said:

I

Apparently there actually is one tiny middle eastern market in this not very diverse city -- I was expecting zero. I'm going to have to go check it out! Thanks for the idea @emazeem -- and I'd LOVE any recipe ideas too!

When you're in Denver again go to Arash on Yale and Parker road. You will find amazing deals there. Also while there get a taramasalata (Greek caviar) it's over with the milks and yogurts in a glass jar. It's an amazing spread :-)

@subliminalrabbit‌
    ETA tag
    This isn't far from me I might steal this rec too!
    Best middle eastern market in Denver. If you want fresh veggies and fruits for a great price go on Thursdays that when they get their shipment.

@Steamboat12‌ and @subliminalrabbit‌ you'll have to let me know what you think of the taramasalata :-).

Oh they also have the grape leave rolls in a can.

• @subliminalrabbit‌ do it!!! You will love it there. I stocked up on many things before I left.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"