Parenting after a Loss
Options

XP: I think the time has come :( (long)

*DS mentioned

Hello my beautiful friends. I want to apologize because I've been extremely absent on the boards lately and it's not because I'm too busy or because I don't care.  It's because I've been trying to get up the courage to finally say goodbye.  :,)  This is very hard for me.  TTCAL, TTCAL+6, PgAL, and my month boards have all been a part of me for the past three years and somewhat of a "home" to me.  I don't take saying goodbye lightly.  I have been given courage, strength, love, laughs and most importantly, support from all of you.  I can only hope that I've given a sliver of that back to you all.  There isn't a day that has gone by that I don't stop and remember what you all did for me with the Sunshine Mission.  We all still use things purchased with the gift cards and so forth.  I still look through all of my cards and trinkets from time to time that I keep in a special box along with Liam's hand and footprints.  As you know, he will be remembered for our lifetime.

As for my husband and I...we are okay and settled with the fact of no more TTC.  He knows that if it ever crosses his mind that he has promised to have that conversation.  I think (at least for me) many moms keep that door open if but for the tiniest bit.  I do not expect our minds to change and in fact I am very much alright with continuing our lives just as we are.  In the last several months I've felt myself let go of the expectation.  It no longer rules my life.  It is something that I will never forget yearning for.  It will always be a part of me.  It'll always be my "what if".  But if that's my ONLY "what if", then I think I may be in for a very sad future.  I don't want to be sad forever.  I want to enjoy my little family and all of my friends with no regrets.  I have to!  And what's more is that I WANT to enjoy it!  Just a few weeks ago we adopted a retired racing greyhound.  Her name is Punzie and, along with my DH, DS and Biscuit, has brought me so much joy.  She is not a replacement for anyone or anything, but instead she is a focus for us and a very bright spot in our lives.  I told my husband that I felt the need to rescue something, anything because I couldn't save Liam.  Punzie provided me that opportunity.  She's so sweet and we love her so much. :)  So our family is complete with humans and non-humans!  And we step forward to what our future holds for us.....

As for those of you who have ever supported me I can never repay you.  Your words and actions have shown me what life is about.  It's about being there for those who are in need.  I promise to pay this forward in whatever ways that I can.  I don't know how to hit the Post Discussion button to finalize these thoughts.  :(  I know that I'll check in from time to time and chime in, but I wanted to say a proper goodbye because this is no longer where I "belong".  I owed it to you all to gather the courage for this post.  I've come so very far from when we lost Liam, and it is largely due to these boards.  So I thank you from the bottom of my heart, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!  There were even some of you that went above and beyond...you know who you are...and I love you.  Now I'm crying so I think that's my signal to hit the Post Discussion button. 

You are all in my constant prayers for whatever life is holding for you. <3

Always on my mind, forever in my heart you all will be..........

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

Re: XP: I think the time has come :( (long)

• Options
    HUGS Quigs! I'm so glad you are at peace with your decisions. We will always remember you and your sweet Liam. Please check in from time to time and let us know how you're doing! 

I have one final cat gif for you. <3 you! 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Thank you for posting this. I think of you and Liam often and always will. The way you describe your viewpoint on letting go and living life is really lovely and I'm glad that you are comfortable in that place. The sentence about rescuing miss Biscuit made me choke up. That feeling is so familiar. Best wishes for the future.
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awe, I'm happy you are in a good place. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I wish you the best and hope you do lurk here.
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What a beautiful post. Wishing you so much joy on your journey.

{{{{hugs}}}}

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    So many hugs quigley! I'm glad that you have come to some peace with these decisions and I wish you and your family all the happiness that you deserve. I do still think of you and your sweet Liam!

• Options
    So many hugs. Please know you are always welcome here, both because you are parenting after loss and because so many of us here know and love you (and we'll wonder how you are!). I'm glad to hear you and DH have found peace with your decision...and your dog sounds so sweet.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    While I'm sad to see you go, I am glad that you found peace in your decision. I think of you and your family often and wonder how you are doing. I wish you nothing but the best in the future bc you of all people deserve it >:D<
  • Options
    Huge hugs, and much love. Wishing you all the very best.

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
    Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
    IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
    12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
    SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
    ~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

• Options
    SciChickSciChick member
    edited November 2014
    Hi Quigley!

First, I want to say I am so happy to hear you more at peace. We were pregnant at the same time and I want you to know I shed many tears for you and your sweet family and think of you and hope you are doing well. I don't know what else to say other than my heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best, always!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Huge hugs. Such a sweet post! Wishing you and your family the best always! Lots of love :)

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • Options
    psychmajormompsychmajormom member
    edited November 2014
    I love you honey and I will be thinking and praying for you always! Good luck in all that you do in life and may you always find some kind of happiness in everything that comes across your path! Peace, love and ((((huge hugs))))
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • Options
    Hugs Quigley! Thank you for all of the love and support you have shown to everyone on all of the boards. Your kind words are appreciated. Many thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"