January 2013 Moms

s/o Difficult Children

I was going to throw this question out before the post below and now it really made me interested...

Do you feel like you had an easier baby or an easier toddler?

For me we had such a hard time with DD and I remember telling the pediatrician that she was the "unhappiest baby I had ever seen."  I just am amazed by that now because she has blossomed into the sweetest, happiest child.  She is chatty, funny, giggly.  She loves to play and go places.  She eats well, naps well, rides in the car well.  She rarely tantrums.  

I say this because it is just night and day.  She is still introverted when it comes to strangers but overall she is a WAY easier toddler than she ever was as a baby.  Obviously there are different challenges with each age and we are going to be more tough and more awesome times ahead but if you had to vote right now, which would you say?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: s/o Difficult Children

• DS#1 was a fussy baby, a sweet toddler, and is a horrible preschooler.  I love him dearly, but when he turned 3, he became someone that, although I love him dearly, I don't particularly like him.  He's argumentative, whiny, combative (hitting, kicking, and throwing AT people), and obstinate.  Just overall not pleasant to be around.  I'm hoping 4 is better!

DS#2 was a sweet and snuggly baby, but is a holy terror of a toddler.  I'm hoping he gets over this whole "I'm not going to listen to you, and I'm going to do ALL the things I know I'm not supposed to do" stage soon.  That kid is just too smart for his own good!  His language skills are great, and physically he is way ahead of the curve.  I can't keep up!  As soon as I figure out how to keep him from doing something, he just finds another way or figures out my solution.

DS#3 is probably my fussiest baby.  Great eater and sleeper, but will NOT allow me to put him down.  When he wants something, he wants it NOW!  We shall see how things progress...
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Isn't it just interesting how much they vary?!?  I just was talking about this with a couple of my mom friends.  DD was just SO difficult as a baby so when people ask about if i miss the snuggly baby phase I can't even fathom it, I just think of it as a bridge to toddlerdom!  However, I can see my daughter getting more independent by the day and I am thinking three is going to be WAY harder. 

@kittyanp - don't feel bad about your little bug not STTN, especially if you are still nursing!  DD didn't sleep through the night until 13 months and even then it was spotty until around 18.  Even now she doesn't STTN but she no longer calls for me unless she is sick.  She has a music box she plays when she wants to go back to sleep so I know when she is up when it turns on. :) This is the reason I am dreading switching her out of the crib.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • J was a very easy going baby, he only cried when he was hungry or tired. He slept like a champ. 

For the most part he is a good toddler, but he likes it his way, everything is "his" and he doesn't sit still...ever!!!

I still feel like I do not have any room to complain.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• DD was an awesome baby. Slept a ton, ate well, was all smiles and lived to cuddle.

She's a really fun and outgoing toddler. I sometimes like this stage better, because everything is new and fun- leaves, dogs, picking out fruit at the farmer's market. She's definitely had some toddler moments that have sucked, but so far, so good.

Infant DD was probably easier because she slept so much.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • DD was a pretty mellow infant and is a pretty mellow toddler!  Sleep was a bit of a challenge up to maybe 12 months, since she co-sleeps with us and she used to love to nurse all night long for what seemed like a really long time.  But now that she's fully weaned (since 18 mos) she's a champion sleeper most nights, except that we are still co-sleeping and she regularly clocks us with her feet in the middle of the night.  Time to get her own bed, right?....except that I love cosleeping!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was an awesome infant and continues to be an awesome toddler. Sure we have our days, but really we've been spoiled. She is also a champion sleeper. Makes me nervous for the next two to arrive. Can we really get that lucky again??

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Awesome baby, awesome toddler. Even with things we can't control; like he's only been sick three times, never had a serious diaper rash, loves his carseat, etc.

I am really anxious about #2. Please let the easy kid be because of nurture over nature (I know it's not, but a girl can dream/pat herself on the back).
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• edited November 2014
    DD was quite a trying newborn for about the first 4 weeks. Once we figured some sleep issues out she was great! She didn't nap the best until after 6 months though. As a toddler, I would say overall that she's pretty good. I've taught her to be very independent though--which can be good and bad. She's also very strong willed--but that's part of being a toddler I guess. My patience gets tried on a daily basis but I know it could be worse!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"