High-Risk Pregnancy

hello ladies! im new to High Risk.

Hello Ladies. heres a little back story for you. I have a son. going to be 2 in december. he was 5 weeks premature due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. he was 3lb13oz but perfectly healthy. just small. after i had him they told me i would be high risk from now on. well i found last week i was pregnant and i called my doctor right away and they want to see me in 2 weeks. im more just curious how this all works. how much will i be going to the doctor? is it different for everyone? whats the difference from a low risk pregnancy to high risk? or has anyone else gone through preeclampsia or hellp syndrome?

thanks in advance ladies! you gals are the best!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hello ladies! im new to High Risk.

• I was high risk with my 2nd pg due to PPROM with my first.  I started off with an early visit to the MFM and then more follow ups / ultasounds.  As my pg progressed I developed more complications and the MFM monitored me more closely and I had the interventions need and delivered at 39 wks. 

I would think an ob/MFM would start with more monitoring hoping to catch complications early if necessary and then reacting as you pg progresses if you do actually have complications.

Congratulations and hope you have a happy healthy 9 months.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Hi, this is my third pregnancy and my first time being considered a high risk.
    11 years ago I went into preterm labor and gave birth to a 2 1/2 lb baby girl because of preeclampsia and her being IUGR. My doctor was clueless at the doctor appointments even though my bp was high and baby was looking small. 7 years later I got pregnant again. I had a new doctor who basically told me to calm down every time I was worried I would have a preemie again. Come to find out I had preeclampsia again and had to do an emergency c section early.
    Now 3 years later I am pregnant again and have a new doctor. I explained everything to her and she declared me high risk. I have a nurse give me a shot every week now to keep me from going into pre term labor, I've been to the high risk ultrasounds to check on baby and they ran extra tests early like 24 hour urine. Basically since I had problems with my first pregnancy I should have been considered high risk with my second pregnancy also.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi guys ! I I had 2 preemies due to preclsmsia . Baby #1 27 weeks 1lbs 11 oz, baby #2 33.4 weeks 4 lbs 4 oz. 8 and 6 years ago . Now 10 weeks pregnant baby #3 with different doctor- she has me on CoQ10 and vitamin D3- Dr seems confident :) I had a rocky start with a cyst that required surgery so I'm hoping a finished paying my high risk dues lol. Best of luck ladies !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"