July 2014 Moms
Options

WWYD?

There is a thing called the Christmas Train in OK that is a big event that sells out rather quickly.  Last year my sister and I had bought tickets but didn't go due to the freezing temps and snow that showed up.  We talked about going a few weeks ago since we didn't get to last year.  I asked my sister first thing this morning if she was going to get tickets and she said that she already did (they went on sale today).  I asked her if she got me one (DD and DS will be free) and she said "No, I didn't know that you want to go."  WTF??  So now, do I get myself one ticket on a day that isn't already sold out and just take 2 year old DS and 4 month old DD, alone,  or let DS go with sister and her family while I sit at home with DD? Do I want to wrangle the both of them, alone, in the cold?  WWYD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    I'd do it solo if it could be done around the 4 month old's eating schedule.  I'd wear the baby so your hands are free and go for it.  If the baby would need to eat right in the middle of it, then I may second guess it, but I took DS to the zoo with DD solo and it was pretty successful.  I wore DD which let her look around when awake and I could tuck her into the wrap when she was sleeping and DS and I had a fun time walking around and riding the little train around the zoo.  
  • Options
    Well, looks the point is moot now.  They sold out of tickets already.  I was going to buy my mom a ticket and have her go with us and say screw off to my sister.  I guess I will just have to wait until next year.  This really stinks because I wanted to go and see the excitement on his face.  Maybe I can score some off of Craigslist.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Big BOO to your sister! I was going to say if it was me I'd probably wait until next year if you didn't have anyone to go with since your DS is young enough to still enjoy it a lot next year.

I think your sister should get some coal in her stocking this year.

• Options
    LeaLupins said:

Big BOO to your sister! I was going to say if it was me I'd probably wait until next year if you didn't have anyone to go with since your DS is young enough to still enjoy it a lot next year.

I think your sister should get some coal in her stocking this year.

Haha at the coal in her stocking!! Love it! And agree!

Since it seems too late to go this year now, I would just plan on getting tickets next year no matter what your sister chooses to do. DD will probably enjoy it more at 17 months old and you might enjoy it a little more too seeing excitement on both of their faces.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"