Pre-School and Daycare
Options

2 year old fibs- How do you handle it?

Ok ladies, I need some advice on how you handle fibbing in your house. I know its a normal stage of development and is a sign that the child is practicing his/her imagination, but the line needs to be drawn somewhere and my 27 month old's fibs are getting out of hand lately. Yesterday he was crying because I wouldn't give him more candy and MH came in and asked him what was wrong and he said "mommy hit me in the face"! I couldn't believe it. There have been many other instances where he tells me the dogs did bad things when they didn't and he even told me his teacher bit him (which I know is not true). I never know when to believe the little fibber!

How do ya'll handle fibbing in your house? Do you correct them? Do you tell them its not nice to fib/tell stories/lie, etc? Do any of you even have this problem or am I alone in this? Thanks!!

Re: 2 year old fibs- How do you handle it?

• Options
    lorist202lorist202 member
    edited November 2014
    DS is 3.5 yrs and just started doing this to get his own way ( putting away toys for a reward etc.), although hehas also made accusational fibs at times too. Just tonight, he threw himself down and said, "Daddy pushed me!". So i laughed at him and said " No he didnt...get off the floor...". Otherwise, At this stage, when I suspect it, I side eye him and say "you're not fibbing, are you?" Just to make it clear to him that I'm seeking the truth. IMO, this is as important a developmental stage as any, so I'll just recognize it and let it run its course for now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"