Trouble TTC
Options

Question about AF after HSG! Warning AF totallly mentioned, kind of freaked out!

Hey Ladies!! So I had my HSG this last month and AF came yesterday morning, I always have normal cycles, never really heavy and yesterday I had some bad cramps nothing extreme though but last night I bleed extremely heavy, I mean through everything(not to be graphic sorry), and this has never happened to me before. It came right on time I was expected for the 3rd or the 4th but I am wondering if maybe this is normal after having an HSG maybe because like I said I never even get heavy periods really and this was extreme and today I have to change "things" like every 2hrs, when I normally do 4 hrs & that's not even really needed... please let me know if you've had the exam and experienced the same... thanks ladies!!

Re: Question about AF after HSG! Warning AF totallly mentioned, kind of freaked out!

• Options
    I should also mention that I'm not worried about a loss, I actually took a preg test the day before and was BFN, and like I mentioned it came right on time...
  • Options
    I unfortunately do not remember since it's been quite long since my HSG. Nevertheless, I have some months where my period is way heavier than other. It's nothing to freak out about. If you bleed through a big tampon in less than an hour or have clotting the sixe of a golf ball, than you can worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand why that's scary, but it does just sound like a normal variation to me.  Sometimes my periods are barely detectable, sometimes I have giant clots and am convinced I'm going to bleed out.  It happens, unfortunately. 

If something went wrong during the HSG, such as a little perforation or something (I'm not even sure that's possible given the equipment used, and it's certainly not likely), you would have had bleeding right away, not later on when your period was due.  That being said, if you are soaking through heavy duty pads/super plus tampons in less than an hour or have clots larger than a golf ball, it is definitely advised that you seek medical attention.   

Also a side note - you do not need to give a warning for mentioning your period.  We are all adults here, and this is a forum about trying to conceive.  We talk about much worse things.

Good luck!  I hope this lets up soon for you.

• Options
    So sorry you're dealing with a BFN and an awful AF.

I've never had a period quite that heavy, but I know a lot of women either usually do or occasionally do.

HSG's can cause later ovulation, which could give more time for the uterine lining to thicken, and then after a normal luteal phase it could cause a later and heavier period. Since your period came on time, I don't know if that would apply to you at all!

As long as you are not filling a super tampon or pad in under an hour, the bleeding is considered within normal range. Hopefully you get get some good rest, lots of fluids, and some good iron- and B-vitamin-containing foods. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! Yeah I know it's normal to have fluctuations it was just an EXTREME difference, for me atleast, and I knew that it would be more cause for concern immediately after the HSG, but I didn't expect to have a change after, so was curious if anyone else experienced this... Thanks so much for the input!!! @laurenschwarmann‌ did u just have your HSG recently??
  • Options
    Also thanks for the info on how heavy is cause for concern, it's not at an hr so atleast that settles my mind a bit, I didn't know at what point to contact my OB and I hate calling too much so that saved me a call for no reason :) I'll just make the hubby take care of me today and rest up... hopefully next month will be normal. @BunnyBerry‌ I have never experienced that either, that's why it was a scare for me, I know it's normal for alot of woman or happens sometimes just never for me in the last 18 yrs of having AF so I was almost in a panic this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"