Late Term and Child Loss

** TTCAL check-in 11/4/14 **

Welcome to TTCAL check-in! Please don't be shy in asking the PGAL/PAL ladies questions if you have them. 

Where are you in your TTCAL journey? 

Do you have any upcoming relevant appointments? 

QOTW: Tell us whatever you want on the subject of: others' pregnancy announcements. (In-person vs phone/email/text; u/s and POAS photos; pee stick still wet vs end of 1st tri; etc...) How has Loss and TTCAL changed your views on announcements or hasn't it?

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week?

TTC since 10/2010
IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: ** TTCAL check-in 11/4/14 **

• @maybejoleisa thanks for checking in!!!

hope everyone is making it this week!

where are you on your ttcal journey?  on day 3 of stims for ivf #1

do you have any upcoming appts? Thursday is my first monitoring us

QOTW: I am so much more sensitive now...I would so rather be told in a text before they announce to the world.  After multiple losses I kind of find announcements in public or announcements on FB very unthoughtful and rude.  I will not be doing either.

open topic: just trying to take this a day at a time...my accupuncturist told me this morning to quit saying things Like "my bad eggs" or my bad numbers and look at this ivf cycle as a beautiful oppurtunity to move forward.  really trying to change my mindset.  I am just so scared of this not working...

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Hi ladies, hope everyone is having a good week.

@Maybe Joleisa‌ - thanks for the running the check-in! Hope you are doing well!

@bunnybun4‌ - GL with this cycle! I have everything crossed for you!

Where are you in your TTCAL journey? Cycle 3, CD 17, 4 DPO

Do you have any upcoming relevant appointments? Nope

QOTW: Tell us whatever you want on the subject of: others' pregnancy announcements. (In-person vs phone/email/text; u/s and POAS photos; pee stick still wet vs end of 1st tri; etc...) How has Loss and TTCAL changed your views on announcements or hasn't it? Losing Colton has definitely affected how I view pregnancy announcements. If I get pregnant, I will not be posting an announcement on FB - those are the worst and the hardest hit to random people on your thread. I also feel text/email announcements are easier, although with certain people, I would still want to be told in person. I have actually had a few people who are close to me tell me that they are trying, just as a warning, and that has helped a lot. Lessens the blow, so to speak. But for me, if I get pregnant, I feel like I will tell right away, at least with family and close friends. Who knows how long I could be pregnant, I want to enjoy it, and celebrate that baby, and let our friends and family be a part of that. Although I won't be posting on FB.

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week? I'm frustrated because I think our timing wasn't great this cycle. I ovulated two days earlier than normal, and four days earlier than the past couple of months, had almost none of the normal pre-O symptoms I usually have, and now I'm worried we were too close to O and maybe just too late. So frustrating. Especially because we've decided if it didn't happen this month, we will take a couple cycles off to avoid the possibility of baby sharing a birth month with Colton (I realize this doesn't necessary matter to everyone, but I feel really strongly that I want his birthday, and even his birth month, to be his). So yeah. I'm hoping, but not feeling too optimistic about this cycle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the check-in Maybe Joleisa.

@bunnybun4, good luck!  I am rooting you on and so hope this is it for you!

@stefuge, I'm so sorry you're not feeling optimistic this month.  I still have everything crossed for you that you get good news this cycle.

AFM, I'm CD 14 nad hoping to O tomorrow or Friday.  No positive OPK yet but hoping it will be positive when I check today after work.  FF thinks I ovulated already but it's just confused.  I don't feel confident in this being our cycle but am hopeful that my LP will be longer than it was last cycle, or I'll be making an appointment with my doctor to push for meds.

QOTW:  I am very sensitive to announcements and have trouble feeling happy for just about any pregnant person with the exception of a few (like the ladies on this board for example).  If I have to choose a way to hear them though, I guess I prefer text or email so I can digest it.  I'm with bunnybun and stefuge on public announcements for myself.  My miscarriage (first pregnancy) actually changed that for me, so I never announced my second or third pregnancies on FB.  I did announce once my living son was here and shared the news of my daughter's passing but that's as far as I go with facebook.  Oh, and a friend did post a picture of me with a big pregnant belly once and I didn't ask her to remove it or anything but I certainly would never post one myself during pregnancy.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Where are you in your TTCAL journey? Cycle 1, CD 8 - I am new to this journey of charting in any form or fashion. I will begin with OPK in the coming days (longer cycles).
    Do you have any upcoming relevant appointments? I have an appt with my OBGYN tomorrow to go over our preconception plan, longer cycles, etc. (my last cycle was 49d)
    QOTW: Tell us whatever you want on the subject of: others' pregnancy announcements. (In-person vs phone/email/text; u/s and POAS photos; pee stick still wet vs end of 1st tri; etc...) How has Loss and TTCAL changed your views on announcements or hasn't it?

It is hard but I still like announcements. I want to incorporate my son into our announcement (whenever that will be). I have been thinking of doing the shoes (he has some painted converses that he got during treatment with his name and favorite things) and putting our dates below them with angel wings around his.
    Open Topic: What is on your mind this week? Holidays. This is my favorite time of year but at the same time it will be the first without our precious son. I hate cancer so much for taking another cherished thing away from my family...
    Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

• bunnybun4 said:

open topic: just trying to take this a day at a time...my accupuncturist told me this morning to quit saying things Like "my bad eggs" or my bad numbers and look at this ivf cycle as a beautiful oppurtunity to move forward.  really trying to change my mindset.  I am just so scared of this not working...

I hope your first monitoring appointment went well this morning! Negative thoughts don't cause failed cycles, but do try to be gentle with yourself. I really enjoy the Circle + Bloom series when cycling--it forces me to put thoughts about everything and anything out of my head which is HARD to do when going through IVF because of the tendency to over analyze every.single.thing. Lots of ladies get KU on their first IVF cycle--no reason to think that won't be you.  :)

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"