Cheating Husband — The Bump
Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Cheating Husband

Just recently I got confirmation that my husband was cheating on me with a young girl while I was in my last trimester. I noticed a change in him when he would come home late and fall asleep on the couch (he works as a manager at a restaurant) He was always texting and would get home extremely late (later than usual). I confronted him one night and he denied it. His denial went on until last Wednesday when her Ex boyfriend sent me a facebook message with lots of proof. FINALLY he admitted having an affair on 3 occasions with her after work. He said he had stopped it, but of course she said the same thing. Were planning on discussing our future this week. Any suggestions from moms who may have been down this road, or know somebody who has. 

Re: Cheating Husband

• cbaby206 said:
    Just recently I got confirmation that my husband was cheating on me with a young girl while I was in my last trimester. I noticed a change in him when he would come home late and fall asleep on the couch (he works as a manager at a restaurant) He was always texting and would get home extremely late (later than usual). I confronted him one night and he denied it. His denial went on until last Wednesday when her Ex boyfriend sent me a facebook message with lots of proof. FINALLY he admitted having an affair on 3 occasions with her after work. He said he had stopped it, but of course she said the same thing. Were planning on discussing our future this week. Any suggestions from moms who may have been down this road, or know somebody who has. 
    I am very sorry. I have not dealt with this so my only advice would be to get counseling both individually and as a couple. So you can figiure out what is best for your family.
  • edited November 2014
    cbaby206,
    I think that marriage is the most vital union that one can fight for. I would suggest that you and your husband see a counselor so that you can work through some things. There might be issues from the past that neither of you know about which can begin to eat you up from the inside out. Keep the lines of communication open and fight for that marriage with everything. Things will come out better on the other end if you do. 
    -ICanSpellThornwell
    -ICanSpellThornwell-
  • Loading the player...
  • My heart goes out to you.  I agree counseling can be very helpful. My only other piece of advice is- make sure you're not the only one working to save the relationship.  He should be putting in effort as well.  And if he's not willing or able to, definitely go yourself.

• acoxwellacoxwell
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Just know that some people can change. 

I am sorry that this happened to you.  Talk about it with your husband.  
  • I appreciate all the helpful suggestions and support! We are actively trying to work things out, and after about 2 weeks, things are looking up. i can't help to sometimes feel anger and frustration, but i keep telling myself that if it gets less and easier everyday, then there is progress. Thanks again! 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have not been in this situation, but know somone who has. I originally thought I would leave my husband no matter what if he cheated in me, but I'm not 100% sure now.
    It's something you can only decide.
    I would definitely seek counseling to sort it all out and look at it from all angles. I think I would also need to understand why it happened 3 times and not a one time mistake( not that that is acceptable either).

Good luck to you and hope you are happy in whatever decision you come to.