December 2012 Moms
Options

Vaccine question

Does anyone know what vaccines our LOs will receive at the 2 year appt if they're following the regular vaccine schedule? I need to know if any of them will be live vaccines. Mom started chemo last week and so she can't be around DD right after she gets any live vaccines. I figured I'd ask you all first because I'm working a weird shift this week and the dr office isn't open when I have time to call them.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: Vaccine question

• Options
    I don't think you get any at two years, unless they still need their second Hep A vaccine. If you need Hep A, it's an inactive/killed vaccine. Oh, and a flu shot if you're getting her one.

How's your mom?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks...she's been doing ok until recently. The oral meds were giving her major respiratory issues (she has severe asthma) and they saw some disease progression on her last scan, so they've put her on weekly IV chemo. Luckily (if you can call any of this luck) the type of renal cancer she has is best treated by a targeted chemo instead of the all over stuff you generally think of when you hear chemo, so hopefully the side effects won't be as severe. She's had one treatment so far and did pretty well, so hopefully that will hold true with further treatments.

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We were told no shots at the two year. DD will be getting her flu shot this week. The new recommendation is that kids 2 and up get the nasal flu vaccine but she will get the shot since she is not quite 2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    Thanks...I may push for the vaccine instead of the mist b/c I think the mist contains the live virus where the vaccine does not. I'll have to talk to our pedi about it, I called them last week and they said they didn't have the flu vaccines yet and would call me back when they got them to schedule an appt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"