Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Milk/Formula Allergy or just a case of eczema?

My DS is going to be 4 months tomorrow and I think he might be developing a formula allergy. He goes for his 4 month check up on Wednesday so it's of course my first thing to discuss, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and did going to an allergist help at all? He has a couple of the typical symptoms, eczema and redness in the crooks of his elbows. I feel so awful when he scratches his head. It's the worst on his cheeks, and then has a few random spots on his arm, neck, and one on his belly, but today I noticed a few more on his legs. We were at the doctor Monday for an ear infection and the NP thinks it's just eczema but my gut is telling me it's something else. I switched to Aveeno eczema lotion and wash a week ago but it really doesn't seem to be doing much of a difference. Any input is appreciated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk/Formula Allergy or just a case of eczema?

• Our LO developed a milk allergy/intolerance at 8 weeks, and he had the eczema as a symptom, along with explosive bowel movements, throwing up, and crankiness. We switched to Soy, same reactions. We put him on the similac alimentum, worked wonders! Still has the eczema, but it's controlled at least. He is such a happier little guy now!
  • Thanks @alishakay! Pedi switched us to the Similac Alimentum as well on Wednesday. But honestly, his excema was already looking so much better (new sitter has been wonderful about putting cream on him), but we're going to try this for 2 weeks and see if it helps. 

He's a super happy baby all the time, just at night he starts scratching his head. She is having us put a little bit of cortozone cream on his head to help relieve some of the itch. I didn't seem scratching in his sleep in the middle of the night, so that seems to be helping. 

Just a minor speed bump:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just happened to read this and saw that your son scratches his head a lot. My sons head and forehead is covered in scratches. It's horrible and he scratches it a lot at night, too. He also has eczema, but I just assumed this is normal for babies (not the head scratches) How do I know if it's something more? My appt isn't until dec 1st.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"