Boston Babies

Ob at beth Israel recommendations and experiences

Do you have any recommendations for a doc that delivers at Beth Israel. Do you know if Beth Israel offers water birth or labor? 
Have you delivered at Beth Israel ; what did you think of your experience?
Unfortunately I have to switch to an Ob that Delivers at Beth Israel or end up paying my insurance out of pocket maximum. I currently see a doctor at the Brigham whom I love and has been my doc for the past decade. this is my third child.

Re: Ob at beth Israel recommendations and experiences

• I recently found out i am preggo, so went to the clinic at BI. Had blood work and ultrasound done and everyone there was kind and sweet to me! I have another appointment in 3 weeks, so can share a bit more after that :)
  • Just took a birthing class at BI, as I will be delivering there early January. Wish I had a recommendation for an OB that works there, mine is connected to a group that is based out of BI, but their office is in Brookline. I don't believe they do water births, but I could be wrong. I would contact them and scheduke a tour, they also do a video tour on their website. From what I see it looks like a great place to have a baby. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I finally went to check out the obgyn practice at BIDMC. The staff and the doctor I saw were nice, but if I had  a choice I would not choose the practice Bidmc. It felt very assembly line and hospital like. I prefer the practice at Brigham and Womens , it feels more personal . I'm considering sucking up the the $ I'll have to pay to deliver at Brigham. I have to pay as much as $3500 to deliver at Brigham because of my insurance plan and I have to pay nothing to deliver at BIDMC. Really sad their practice is so unappealing.
  • I work at BI.... Run far away.... There is a reason I have had all my kids and will have this one at BWH.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Thanks. I was really feeling guilty about not giving them a try to save our family some $. thanks for the insider opinion.
  • AnonnAni said:
    I work at BI.... Run far away.... There is a reason I have had all my kids and will have this one at BWH.
    not to pry too much but do you insurance through BI? I do. The choice plan and that's why I was considering BIDMC. 
  • AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited November 2014
    @lsh175 I do have the choice plan through BI and you MAY still get a bill with the choice plan it wont be a crazy high one but if natural and not C section maybe in the 1-2k but it may NOT be free just b/c you work here.  Really depends on the services used during delivery.  I have one co-worker that had a bill and another that did not very much individual service based since no two deliveries are the same, but there is general labor coverage under the health insurance.  

Its like an Ultrasound,  2 are paid for but any more then that you have to pay for even if there is a medical need. 

The choice plan is always presented as totally free as long as you use BI services but that is not always the case.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

AnonnAni 
    you've made me feel so much better about my decision. THANK you so much!!! 
  • I lost my child at BWH so I went to BI and I have never looked back :) I felt like BWH deals with way to many people and I never seen the same person more then twice for my appointments. At BI I was scheduled with one doctor and I seen her for every appointment. So my advice would be don't worry about BI they are AWESOME!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"