Babies on the Brain
Options

a little disappointed but its for the best

BF and I had financial issues come up as well as a few others so we will be pushing TTCing back. We haven't decided how long but we do have time and we both want us to be in a good place as well as have our shit together. I'm just a little bummed out. I don't get to hang out with my friends that have babies because they live hours away. I need a baby fix...ugh! First world problems.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

Re: a little disappointed but its for the best

• Options
    Congrats on thinking through such a big decision. I wish you the best of luck,
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand the feeling! I just posted about this, but DH and I are have decided to wait 2 1/2 years. I have baby fever, but I am trying to find ways to distract myself!

• Options
    It sucks to push back your timeline. I know.

Just think how great it will be being in a better place when you do get pregnant. Hopefully less stressful and more happy! Good luck!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    Thanks ladies! The silver lining is that bf and I will be in a better place for sure! Also I'm a type 1 diabetic it gives me more time to ensure my diabetes is kept under tight control and maintained so its not a huge change when pregnant. My Endocrinologist is the one that decides if we can TTC based on my A1c aka diabetic complication risk.
    I have baby fever, but bf has it much worse. He really wants to be a father. We're looking at about a year wait right now.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

• Options
    DH and I were going to start trying right after our wedding three years ago because of family and financial issues we waited three years. At first it was hard but I found other ways to occupy myself and soon I wasn't even thinking about it as much. The three years flew by and I am glad we waited because we are so much more financially and emotionally stable (which is what we needed) I commend you and making a responsible decision based on your current circumstances.
  • Options
    So glad that you're putting your goal list ahead of your baby wants! DH and I did that as well, now we own our home, have 2 new cars hat we know will last us a long time, and both have good jobs and great insurance. Even though I've had baby fever for a long time now, I'm glad we've waited until we were more ready. I feel this baby will come into a happier and better lifestyle than if we wouldn't have waited.  

Married 07/13/13

DH-25 & Me-21

Fur baby- Chevy (Jack Russell)

TTC #1 Sept '14

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
    http://media.giphy.com/media/VSRYTP72WYNLq/giphy.gif

• Options
    I'm in the same situation. It's so hard keeping a rational brain when my baby fever is at an all time high! Thankfully my husband isn't so emotionally driven and he is able to keep our other goals ahead - but it's so hard!!!
    Anniversary

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Everything will work out in the end! Good luck!
  • Options
    Very responsible to look at your situation and make a difficult decision to wait.  I've been torn (although on a shorter timeline) because on one hand I'm 33 (DH nearly 40) and I have endometriosis, so IF is a clear possibility.  On the other hand, my job (which I've only been at for 2 years) does not have paid maternity leave, so I use annual leave and sick leave to cover my time, and I won't hit a decent amount until October.  So DH was all for starting this fall but I insisted on putting it off till I knew I could take a full 3 months of leave with pay.  Oh, the burdens of being practical...

Me: 33  DH: 39  Married 5/17/14
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Formerly known as JennyH81

DH has one son (11) from prior marriage
    Baby Girl Pug is my furbaby

Come peek in my ute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"