June 2015 Moms
Options

We have a healthy peanut! (and subchorionic hemorrhage question)

We went in today for our first ultrasound, and saw a 7w2d baby with a heartbeat of 153! While we are excited, there is some concern with the fact they found a SCH. If you had experience with this, how did you handle it? Did it resolve itself? The doctor today said I could resume activities as usual...exercise, lifting, sex...but I still find this risky. I would appreciate any advice! Thank you :)

BFP #1: 10/15/10- DS born 6/29/11

BFP #2: 6/26/2012- DS born 3/11/13

BFP #3: 2/26/14- MMC and D&C 4/11/14

BFP#4: 9/1/14- MC 9/6/14

BFP#5: 10/3/14- Due Date 6/15/15

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: We have a healthy peanut! (and subchorionic hemorrhage question)

• Options
    Not to scare you, many women carry to term and I personally know several. I had one and lost my baby in June. We had sex and I started passing clots. I would be very careful and maybe put yourself on pelvic rest for a little while
  • Options
    I have a SCH.  My dr said it is actually pretty common and the only time it is dangerous is if you are bleeding (I am not).  She said I "could" remain with all my active stuff if I'd like, or for my own peace of mind, I could put myself on pelvic rest until after the 1st trimester.  

I am taking progesterone, so DH and I cannot have sex anyways until after 13 weeks, so I just went ahead and said, Yep, I am on pelvic rest until 2nd trimester.  

I wouldn't worry too much.  

January Siggy Challenge

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one with my last pregnancy, at 8 weeks. With an ultrasound we were able to see that it was clotting which was good and meant that the bleeding was being stopped. Thank goodness that I had the dr that I had (and still have) because he started me on progesterone as soon as I found out I was pregnant bc I had had a miscarriage the year prior. Had he not, this could have been worse. At that point though he did re check my progesterone and increased my progesterone to a 2mL injection of progesterone oil, twice a week. I didn't have any issues with it after that and carried full term. :) pregnant again and knew to have my progesterone checked right away to try to prevent another early loss, so at 5 weeks I started the injections again and haven't had any issues. I'll know more in a couple weeks at our first ultrasound.
  • Options
    A few days ago i started bleeding like crazy!! I was sure something was wrong. I went in to have an ultrasound and it showed 3 babies!! All with great heartbeats! I also got diagnosed with SCH I was told to not have sex, lift anything heavy, take it easy, no exercise and to sit a lot. It is very common and will clear up. My cousin is also pregnant and she had it and it is cleared now. They did say I could still have a little bleeding until it's healed.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with one last Saturday at the ER but with no specifics except to follow up with my OB. I called on Monday and they said I did not need to come in but I definitely should be on pelvic rest and drink lots of water. I would have liked more info on it. I asked the er my levels and they seemed to think all was fine. Again the ER and my OB said pelvic rest so that is the one constant I am hearing from everyone. I'd love to hear any more info others have/receive on this. Congrats on a strong heartbeat and good u/s. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I had one with DS. My ob put me on pelvic rest till it resolved. It resolved around 10 weeks which is about a month after they found it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I go for a repeat u/s in 3 weeks. In the meantime, I am taking it easier. I have two little boys that require a lot of physical effort. I have not had any spotting or bleeding this pregnancy, so I feel a little better about that. I'm wondering if having sex my last pregnancy is what caused my miscarriage due to the SCH. Thank you ladies for your advice and sharing your experience. I am definitely limiting myself.

@tdotson0722 CONGRATULATIONS! That is amazing! :D

BFP #1: 10/15/10- DS born 6/29/11

BFP #2: 6/26/2012- DS born 3/11/13

BFP #3: 2/26/14- MMC and D&C 4/11/14

BFP#4: 9/1/14- MC 9/6/14

BFP#5: 10/3/14- Due Date 6/15/15

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"