May 2013 Moms
Options

Any experience with futons?

We are starting to shop for ds's twin sized bed and are looking for something without flame retardants. They are so expensive and I've been reading about futons - much cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with them and how comfortable they are??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any experience with futons?

• Options

Given my limited experience with futons - I've owned one and slept on a few in my life, I think they're uncomfortable.

What's the problem with flame retardants? 
    I slept on one a while ago too and am afraid that is the case.

We just try to stay away from VOCs in general. Furniture and mattresses are the hardest to me it seems. They're on their way to requiring labels in my state but it hasn't happened yet so it's hard to tell what is in what. Just our personal preference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a futon when i was younger and it wasn't super uncomfortable
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We actually have a good one. We bought it at a futon store. You pick the type of mattress. We got a slightly firmer one and the only issue is having to flip it every 2 months. But again it was more of a pricey one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"