October 2014 Moms
Options

Owen Michael is here!

This is going to be short because we need to nurse soon.  There is so much to figure out with a new baby! 

Owen Michael arrived on 10/28/14 at 9:43 pm.  He was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20.75 inches long.  I went in for an induction at 5 am that morning, had a catheter placed to help dilate my cervix and pitocin started around 6:45am.  Contractions increased a lot over the next several hours, but I wanted to hold out til the catheter came out at 5 cm for the epidural.  They said it would come out by itself when I was dilated enough (it didn't).  Around 2:45 I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided I wanted the narcotics they were offering me to get through til 5 cm, but happily they decided to take out the catheter and I was 5cm! 

I got the epidural, they broke my water and labor progressed the rest of the afternoon.  I had to get redosed twice because the epi was patchy, but I am so glad I got it.  I felt some contractions through transition and those were NOT fun.  We started pushing around 9:15 after laboring down for an hour and Owen was born at 9:43!  He is pretty awesome and looks a lot like DH's side of the family. 

I ended up with a second degree tear and hemorrhoids, so if anyone has tips for the first postpartum poop I'll take them..that's probably coming down the line today..I know I'll feel better once it's done, but I just can't figure out the right way to push. We are home now and trying to figure out breastfeeding and just life with a newborn!  I'll post a picture when I get a chance! Miss the board and hope to be back to normal reading and commenting soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anniversary

Re: Owen Michael is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"