December 2013 Moms

TFAS Anxiety after 3TC / IF

After getting my first post-baby period this week and lots of talk with H about starting to try for #2, I'm really starting to have a ton of anxiety related to TTC.  It took us a while and help from a RE to get pregnant with our December LO and I'm not sure how trying for a sibling will go down as we did not ever have a very firm diagnosis.  I am just dreading the anxiety, stress, unknown, and disappointment happening cycle after cycle again.  I realize I'm getting ahead of myself but it really has been on my mind this week.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar anxiety or feelings about TFAS after having trouble the first time around? If so, how do you manage those feelings? 
Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

Re: TFAS Anxiety after 3TC / IF

• Thanks for your kind words @heyitsmamac‌ !

• I didn't have the same experience as you but we struggled to conceive L. After a couple years of disappointments we started to see an RE but got extremely lucky and managed to conceive on our own.

We decided to try for #2 a little earlier than we normally would have planned for fear it would take a while as well. I was worried especially not having a clear diagnosis from the RE. But we got extremely lucky again and we conceived on our first try.

I also have a friend who needed the help of an RE to get their LO. They were told they could never conceive naturally. They decided they didn't want to go through the whole process again and one was enough. She's expecting her second baby in a few weeks! I guess the RE was wrong!

What I'm trying to say is things might not be the same this time around. If you do decide to TFAS I'm hoping you'll have an easier time. I'll be thinking about you and sending lots of positive vibes your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • What does TFAS mean?

I'm sorry you are going through this. :( I've definitely had thoughts in this direction since we had some trouble also, but am feeling so much more positive since I'm actually having regular cycles now, which I never was before. You never know, I've heard that for some people, having one pregnancy can "heal" their body in a sense, & help it know what to do. I'm hoping that's the case!
  • We had some difficulties the first time around, and plan to start trying again next month. I honesty think it will be lower stress this time, since we already have little man. I can be at peace if we are a one-kid family, even though I'd love more.
  • Hugs. I had an easy time having my first but my second took a long time, two losses, IF treatments. All I can say you may not have issues. My mom had lots of issues having me and then got pregnant with my brother boom first try. 
    I would make a plan, like try 3 months on your own and then seek RE help. Having a game plan helped me survive the months of negative tests. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks y'all for the kind words and support! Really appreciate it and hugs to everyone who is or has felt the same :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"