Late Term and Child Loss

~ Loss Check-In ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week. 

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too. 

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

QOTW: What are your Halloween plans?  How will you get through today?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In ~

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?
    I left the house for the first time yesterday.  (Except for the funeral)  I took the dog for a short walk.  It felt nice to be outside enjoying something I normally do. 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?
    I want to have chosen and booked an appointment with a grief counselor or therapist by the end of next week.

Halloween is usually my favourite day, we plan all year for our haunted yard set up.  But it's too much too soon this year, so we are running away to our friends condo where we can watch movies and hide from the ringing door bell.

•  

Not really.  We got the autopsy results back to Tuesday, two months exactly since Ava passed.  They are listing cause of death as pneumonia though she wasn't sick, we would have known.  That along with Halloween this week has made me pretty sad.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself?  Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?

We will most likely be getting together with Ava's best friends and their mom's on Sunday.  I haven't seen her friends since we lost Ava.  My goal is to make it through our outing without breaking down too badly.  We are going to meet them somewhere and let them see our new puppy which should hopefully make it easier.

QOTW: What are your Halloween plans? How will you get through today?

We are going to my SIL's tonight for cocktails and will spend the night there. I've just been trying to avoid all the Halloween talk at work today which hasn't been easy.

• Loading the player...
  • @Mrs.EvilQueen - Those are great steps and goals.  Living one hour, minute, or second at a time is okay.  Do what you need to do.  ((hugs))
    @mrslucid - I'm so sorry that the autopsy results did not give you the answers that you were looking for.  Sending vibes of strength as you see Ava's friends on Sunday.  ((hugs))

A few people have reached out to me this week which has been a welcome change from the typical pretend nothing happened.  Also I got Caroline's picture back from the framer and it is beautiful : )

Survive November 7-8.  One year ago on those dates we had our anatomy scan and then MFM/genetic counselor referral which led to a likely diagnosis and brought our world crashing down.  I can't believe that it's already almost been a year of grief.

I have been having a rough few days but I will pass out candy and try to enjoy the evening.  It certainly isn't the Halloween that I imagined I'd have this year.

motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

I have been reaching out to people more, making sure I am getting out of bed and setting a small goal each day so I feel productive.

I want to make it through tomorrow with a decent day. Tomorrow is my birthday and was going to be my shower. I am spending the day with my husband and other family.

Today has been ok. I spent the day with my parents and tonight my husband and I are going to watch movies and relax.

This week we purchased a tree that we will plant in Olivia's memory. Yesterday I put together a picture frame with photos of her hand and foot.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? This coming week I am attending a support group for the first time. I am also returning to work on Thursday. I'm very apprehensive about that. I feel really exposed in group settings with people who know about our loss. My first day eel be just a half day. After that I'm meeting with one of DH's co-workers who had reached out due to similar experience.

***LC mentioned

QOTW: What are your Halloween plans? How will you get through today?
    I took my DDs trick or treating. It was the first time I've faced neighbors since our loss. Most knew and none of them said anything at all. One neighbor didn't know of our loss excitedly greeted me and asked how I was feeling and did I need some candy. I teared up and whispered that we'd lost the baby. That was my first encounter with someone not knowing. It sucked.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
     (born at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Olivia Claire born sleeping at 17 weeks (measuring 16) October 5, 2014
    MC 8/06 at 5w 3d
    MC 7/27/09 at 7w 2d
    MMC 12/2/11 discovered at 7w 6d
    ruptured ectopic (loss of right tube) 6/27/13 at 6.5 weeks

• flutterfly88  I found planning the funeral really over whelming, and the closer it got to the event I had so much anxiety.  I didn't want to go and felt like I wouldn't be able to handle it.  Let us know if or when you need the extra support. 

A friend texted me this week that she was pregnant and I am happy for her. I didn't cry, so that's progress. She apologized for not being able to tell me in person: thank goodness I dodged that bullet! Infertility + losses = no in-person announcements, please and thank you.

Print pictures of the boys for my MIL and sister; deadline is Christmas.

DH loves handing out candy to the ToT'ers, so it was all him. I was upstairs watching HGTV or something.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? I'm trying to get over this cold so all I have been doing is drinking fluids and sleeping.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Still stuck on being healthier. My BP is not going down which probably raises my blood pressure even more. 

QOTW: What are your Halloween plans?  How will you get through today? I sat on the couch and DH was waiting to hand out candy but my neighborhood was pretty quiet this year so he was a little disappointed. 
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"